BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #45
peasouped
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80, B9 SQ5, B8.5 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I thought they just weren't allowed to sell to people IN Cali now? I was just reading that today.

I'll be logging diligently with whatever tune. I hated the ap on my Evo x, but if I run into issues with the jb4 at least I'd be familiar with it. I wanted to get away from the hassles (and costs) of the protunes.

I'll probably add an intercooler when I get money to see if that helps contain the heat. I need to research each part before I buy it though. For now I'll be happy stock.
I have the ETS FMIC that bolts in with no cutting. Was worth every penny. I may be parting my car so if I do I will keep you posted.
      03-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #46
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Do for sure. I know ETS they make good stuff. No cutting is the only way to go on this car.

Just got the car today. So nice. Fast but refined. The suspension needs more tinkering than the power IMO, but we will see. I don't wanna go crazy on this car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #47
peasouped
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Do for sure. I know ETS they make good stuff. No cutting is the only way to go on this car.

Just got the car today. So nice. Fast but refined. The suspension needs more tinkering than the power IMO, but we will see. I don't wanna go crazy on this car.
LSD too!
      03-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #48
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah it needs an LSD, but this car is already more than I wanted to pay lol. I was going to get an E46 m3 and LOWER my payments haha. Now here I am owing more $$$.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #49
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So who does coding on the north shore?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:34 AM   #50
peasouped
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So who does coding on the north shore?
I use a guy right outside of Boston. He is on the forum every once in awhile. He is good friends with Bren. If you shoot BT an email he will get you his info.
      03-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #51
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It looks like the cables are only about $30 shipped if I'm reading this correctly. Maybe I should just find a good guide and DIY. I see some people charging $100+, so maybe I am missing something. I need to do more research, but it seems to make more sense to just buy the cable. If thats the case I might order one today.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #52
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If anyone knows someone willing to share all the latest software for our cars, I'll learn how to do it and trade coding for a lunch or something lol. I work in IT so I love tinkering with things like this. I'll just practice on my car while its under the 60 day dealer warranty since I just bought it haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #53
SalemChiro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i vert

Check out the coding section on e90 post. I'm sure people would guide you in the right direction.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #54
peasouped
Captain
Rep

I was going to say the going rate is about $50/option
      03-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #55
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Jesus christ people are charging a lot. I will be testing mine today during lunch. I think I can code quite a bit of stuff actually, but not everything. I'll have to see how it goes on my car. All I can think of that I want is the window/roof close on lock hold, and the mirrors to fold automatically. I don't have fogs to tinker with. I'll keep you guys posted. I'd like to offer AFFORDABLE coding if I can do whatever you guys need. Like well below what everyone else charges for you locals

I'm cool with making a profit, but if its as easy as it seems, people are really taking advantage of each other when it comes to coding costs.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #56
peasouped
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Jesus christ people are charging a lot. I will be testing mine today during lunch. I think I can code quite a bit of stuff actually, but not everything. I'll have to see how it goes on my car. All I can think of that I want is the window/roof close on lock hold, and the mirrors to fold automatically. I don't have fogs to tinker with. I'll keep you guys posted. I'd like to offer AFFORDABLE coding if I can do whatever you guys need. Like well below what everyone else charges for you locals

I'm cool with making a profit, but if its as easy as it seems, people are really taking advantage of each other when it comes to coding costs.
That would be great.

Im with you on the hold lock to close the windows. I'd like to code out the seatbelt chime. I wear my seatbelt but when others don't its annoying..If its not the chime annoying me its them bitching about wearing a seatbelt
      03-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #57
SalemChiro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i vert

@darkrom, thanks for offering your service to the local 1er community!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #58
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

What I was able to do today was my windows up from the key fob, the mirrors fold from the key. Not too many options with the method I'm using, but I'd be happy to share how its done simply if you want to DIY. I'll also offer this "limited coding" for all you guys. Buy me some french fries or something haha.

I am using an app for android called BMWhat to do the coding. Now you CAN buy this app for apple, but its a huge waste. It is heavily limited as far as coding goes. Not true for android. I dropped the $58 or whatever for the app today, well worth it. They show a list of what can be done on their website. I happened to have a ELM 327 bluetooth interface to read and clear codes on any OBDII car from my phone with a different app.

From there its REALLY easy to do coding, but the list of supported options isn't that high on the 1 series right now, but supposedly they update the app often. I'll have to keep checking to see if they add anything new.

All I wanted was the windows and the mirrors with key, and that was simple as could be. 15 min tops.

Very happy with the app and glad to share this simple solution with you guys. Just let me know how I can help. Its actually SO convenient that I really don't want to mess with the laptop to try more advanced options (that could break shit). I'm delighted with how simple this all was.

The one thing that is missing that I want is getting rid of the idrive disclaimer, but I think I saw that is difficult if even possible after certain years etc. I'll dig deeper and see what else I can do. I'll take care of you guys if what you want is supported by this app.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #59
NWillard77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i sparkling grey/red

If you could do the windows with remote for me, that would be badass. Thats the first thing i tried when i got the car. Cant say im surprised people charge for coding though. Coming from the audi scene where people help people out for free and call bmw the dark side...i guess we'd say "comes with the territory"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:27 AM   #60
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

No I know they charge, but the amount they charge is crazy. Granted there is plenty that can be done with a laptop that isn't as simple as the phone, but honestly the hard part is getting it all set up. Once they do it once its cake.

I am too lazy to do any laptop coding now, but as it warms up I'll give it a go for the extra options. If I'm patient I can get extra options in this app I think.

I'll do the windows for you. Do you want to link the mirrors too? That's how I have it. Hold lock and the windows close and the mirrors fold. Once you unlock they unfold automatically.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #61
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

If you guys are interested, I've got some decent experience in coding and am willing to help you guys out if interested for the small cost of an iced coffee
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #62
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Have you seen the BMWhat app? Pretty slick. None of the headache but far less options. Do you have a list of what you offer? I'd love to just get all set up to do it. I might have to look over your shoulder some time. I'd rather start working from a known method, not an outdated guide.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #63
peasouped
Captain
Rep

In for the Windows up...My car is boring and has non power mirrors
      03-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #64
NWillard77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i sparkling grey/red

Im honestly not sure what coding options there are but the two i really want and miss from my audi are windows up/down with remote and no chime for seatbelt.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #65
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I can try the seatbelt, if it is supported when I plug in. However there is some debate over if this fucks with the airbag settings or not, so personally I wouldn't do it on my car. But now that you know the risks I'll let YOU make that decision lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #66
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Is it possible to tell what sound system my 135 has with the only info being there are NO tweeters? Is there more than 1 option that doesn't include tweeters?

The evo audio with the premium factory option was SO nice and this one is just garbage
Appreciate 0