BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2381
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (5)

Angry kturbos no bueno

No happy about making this thread but not sure what else to do. The guy offered to send me some tinted side markers for free, for which I was extremely grateful, I was to just pay the costs of shipping. I agreed and sent some cash (via PayPal, small amount) his way for shipping. He said he'd ship it asap and then when it never happened started making excuses. I gave him quite a bit of time and then finally just asked for my shipping money back and to leave it at that but he's kept that now and never got back to me.

Do not do business with Kturbos
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
Fakemike
Second Lieutenant
Fakemike's Avatar
212
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: 135i N54 MT
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
PayPal should be able to help you. Unless you sent it as a gift...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
ubersteuer
e36 Addict
ubersteuer's Avatar
United_States
192
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: e36, e82, e91
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [4.75]
1992 BMW 325i  [5.00]
His whole build thread really struck me as odd. Having been around the BMW scene for quite a while, it's unusual to see a build like his. To pick up an undesirably configured base model from a generation ago and throw literally thousands and thousands of dollars in mods while claiming to have an M4 and posting minimal pictures is very strange.

Might be some high school kid or something, who knows.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
Bimmer-Bob
!
Bimmer-Bob's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
3,201
Posts

Drives: 2010 128i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersteuer View Post
His whole build thread really struck me as odd. Having been around the BMW scene for quite a while, it's unusual to see a build like his. To pick up an undesirably configured base model from a generation ago and throw literally thousands and thousands of dollars in mods while claiming to have an M4 and posting minimal pictures is very strange.
Agreed, something weird about it. Seemed to be a lot of name-dropping-type stuff, and an insanely ambitious build pace. I mean, it would be tough to mod a car that quickly unless you had no job and basically unlimited cash, lol.

And who builds out an auto 128i as a "track car?" Never mind that that was about the least track-focused build I've ever seen.

Also, who gets a complete Performance body kit, including the CF bits, and takes not one picture? Even after mentioning his expensive camera. Huge red flag, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersteuer View Post
Might be some high school kid or something, who knows.
Or his wife found out how much money he was spending and took his internet away, lol. He seemed to disappear rather abruptly.
__________________
____________________________
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
minirips2
Second Lieutenant
147
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2010 128i 6M CR Slicktop
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Google "Power Home Remodeling reviews". Extreme high pressure sales. I regret allowing one of their guys in to quote for windows. The pitch took so long, I ended up cooking dinner for all of us. The guy would not leave, and the price of the windows went from insane to just plain overpriced. I'm not going to say anything about Kturbos, because I don't know him, but the sales rep I had took hyperbole to a whole other level. Let's call it something redundant like "superhyperbolic". (expialadocious).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #6
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
chris_flies's Avatar
United_States
1237
Rep
1,628
Posts

Drives: Enthusiastically...
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Woodbridge, VA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
Google "Power Home Remodeling reviews". Extreme high pressure sales. I regret allowing one of their guys in to quote for windows. The pitch took so long, I ended up cooking dinner for all of us. The guy would not leave, and the price of the windows went from insane to just plain overpriced. I'm not going to say anything about Kturbos, because I don't know him, but the sales rep I had took hyperbole to a whole other level. Let's call it something redundant like "superhyperbolic". (expialadocious).
Those guys come through our 'hood every month during summer, and once or twice in fall/winter/spring. Always pushing for the same things that my dad and I fixed ourselves for $50 in materials and wanting like $500 for it.

I saved us $700 by replacing garage door trim that was slightly rotted (trying to move soon), car parts coming soon
__________________
2009 128i 6-Speed Coupé | Monaco Blue with Black Sensatec | chris_flies' 128i Build
N/A Supremacy Propagandist at Large
Want 2 M3 Subframe Bushings or 2 M3 Front Pos. Diff Bushings? PM Me!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 01:14 AM   #7
Esteban
Major General
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
3032
Rep
5,436
Posts

Drives: A little blue coupe
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: The Golden State

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, he stated in his build thread he was in an accident, even posted a pic of a wrecked vehicle. Then just stopped posting.
__________________

2011 E82 N55 135i ///M Sport • 7-SP DCT • LeMans Blue/Black Boston Leather
Dinan S2 & PPK • BMW PS • BMW PE • 313s • Blacklines • Black & Chrome Grilles • Pirelli P Zeros 225/255
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2381
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yeah, he stated in his build thread he was in an accident, even posted a pic of a wrecked vehicle. Then just stopped posting.
Yeah I had talked to him in PMs after that, had me feeling like he was using it as an excuse
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
Esteban
Major General
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
3032
Rep
5,436
Posts

Drives: A little blue coupe
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: The Golden State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Yeah I had talked to him in PMs after that, had me feeling like he was using it as an excuse
Wonder what his story is? He was pretty enthusiastic in his thread.
__________________

2011 E82 N55 135i ///M Sport • 7-SP DCT • LeMans Blue/Black Boston Leather
Dinan S2 & PPK • BMW PS • BMW PE • 313s • Blacklines • Black & Chrome Grilles • Pirelli P Zeros 225/255
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #10
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2381
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Wonder what his story is? He was pretty enthusiastic in his thread.
Wish I knew! I've had similar experiences where people drop a project and ghost a forum they were on. I caught a guy on another forum (went from one mustang forum to another) once who pulled a similar move and kept some people's money from sales where items were never sent out.
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST