BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Hazad365
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135I Convertible

After Some DIY Maintenance, have a few issues…..

So after installing or doing the following this week:

1. changing both Headlight Control Units
2. Changing spark plugs/ignition coils
3. Adding VTT crank guard & bolt capture
4. Adding aFe Magnum force Pro cold air intake & intake scoops
5. Upgraded VRSF Charge pipe
6. Walnut Blasting (which resulted in 13 codes including Ox29CF, cylinder 3 misfire) - I ripped her for 30mins and most of the codes are gone…

However, I'm left with a squealing fan & the following error codes:
A8A8 & 9CC0

2 questions:
1. Do I need to replace belt & pulleys even though they were replaced in March, prior me buying the vehicle
2. Do I have to have the 2 control units coded to my VIN

Any & all input would be greatly appreciated

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
335igasm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

To answer question #1, me personally, any time I buy a vehicle I immediately do maintenance, regardless of what the po "said". That's just piece of mind. So my recommendation would be yes.

#2, ive never had to recode headlights after changing them. I just recently changed headlights out on my 135i because the po broke off every damn tab and kept the backing off the passenger and was filled with water. Installed, and headlights worked as they should (ahl, etc).

Facebook.com/SpoolnMotorsports
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
awns729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335igasm View Post
To answer question #1, me personally, any time I buy a vehicle I immediately do maintenance, regardless of what the po "said". That's just piece of mind. So my recommendation would be yes.

#2, ive never had to recode headlights after changing them. I just recently changed headlights out on my 135i because the po broke off every damn tab and kept the backing off the passenger and was filled with water. Installed, and headlights worked as they should (ahl, etc).
Broken tabs are a common problem. FYI, there is a $30 repair kit from BMW with replacement tabs you can screw in. I have an old thread on it floating around somewhere.
Appreciate 0