BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #45
westcoast1er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
Out of curiosity, did you consider reflashing the old unit?
No, I was not entirely aware it was a possibility. The shop seemed to claim the DME was not communicating.

Regarding the guys who flashed the new one, they never mentioned anything like flashing the old one, nor did they suggest that they could repair it. I was aware the latter is an option in some cases, but did not know and am not sure about the feasibility of the former option.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #46
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast1er View Post
No, I was not entirely aware it was a possibility. The shop seemed to claim the DME was not communicating.

Regarding the guys who flashed the new one, they never mentioned anything like flashing the old one, nor did they suggest that they could repair it. I was aware the latter is an option in some cases, but did not know and am not sure about the feasibility of the former option.
Of course, it's too late now, but I would have asked them how they knew the condition of the old DME? I guess you didn't ask for the old one back?

I do know they can be reprogrammed, since mine was updated to solve the common problem of stalling and surging at idle. It took nearly a whole day for it to be done a couple of years ago, no problems since.

I've wondered if the independent shops have the software or even the technical know how to determine the state of the DME. Anyway, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #47
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Cloned DME, issues continue.

Same issues as you guys...

Couple of months back, car had a bunch of errors, you start with 1 cylinder less, etc.. I have aVTT stage 2+ turbo installed. I believed the guys it was the DME, I cloned my original one to a used one, and it ran fine for a couple of months, and now the issues are back.

Below are the issues:

1. Permanent errors pointing towards MAF sensor. I have changed the sensor, even went back to stock Intake. error persists. There are two values when checked with BMW scanner, the FLOW and the TEMPERATURE. The error refers to the FLOW.
2. The scanner suggests to check the OHMS of pint 3 and 4 of the cable that connects to that sensor, which comes from the DME. The scanner says that a normal value range is between 100-1000 ohm. My reading shows 1470 OHM. There is another car in the shop of the same specs, and their reading was 640 OHM.
3. Cylinder 4 y permanently shut off, car starts with one cylinder less every time, but doesn't show error. One I accelerate, the car throws the cells and errors.
4. The injection and valvetronic RELAY keep shutting off randomly. Car will not start, until I bridge the signal and force the relay to start again.
5. MAF code 277A ---> line break or short "A" circuit for MEVD172. This is the PERMANENT error.

Dont know what to do anymore
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #48
westcoast1er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarzelatto View Post
Same issues as you guys...

Couple of months back, car had a bunch of errors, you start with 1 cylinder less, etc.. I have aVTT stage 2+ turbo installed. I believed the guys it was the DME, I cloned my original one to a used one, and it ran fine for a couple of months, and now the issues are back.

Below are the issues:

1. Permanent errors pointing towards MAF sensor. I have changed the sensor, even went back to stock Intake. error persists. There are two values when checked with BMW scanner, the FLOW and the TEMPERATURE. The error refers to the FLOW.
2. The scanner suggests to check the OHMS of pint 3 and 4 of the cable that connects to that sensor, which comes from the DME. The scanner says that a normal value range is between 100-1000 ohm. My reading shows 1470 OHM. There is another car in the shop of the same specs, and their reading was 640 OHM.
3. Cylinder 4 y permanently shut off, car starts with one cylinder less every time, but doesn't show error. One I accelerate, the car throws the cells and errors.
4. The injection and valvetronic RELAY keep shutting off randomly. Car will not start, until I bridge the signal and force the relay to start again.
5. MAF code 277A ---> line break or short "A" circuit for MEVD172. This is the PERMANENT error.

Dont know what to do anymore
Yikes...

I have replaced my DME and some camshaft acuator (this latter part has failed again, but they are replacing it under 'part warranty').

I had my suspicions that it could be MAF related issues due to an intake but I am somewhat relieved to see that that is unlikely.
Appreciate 0