1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post

By the way, the edges don't look straight because the fluff from the mat moves over the edges of the embroidered logo, but when I pull all the fluff back the edges are perfectly straight.

Yeah...you can tell these are like mine... too bad all of us can't sue...this is too trivial for a lawsuit but it pisses me off that there are supposedly legit sources and venders peddling this crap as top-shelf! And BMW at that. No quality control it seems.
They sell this pos stuff and then when you complain, offer a refund but you lose time and money. Only 5% of people complain so in the end, selling crap pays as 95% accept it.
So are you upset at the fluffy stuff overlapping over the embroidery?! I ask because when I vacuum them and align the fluff around the logo properly, the edges look nice and straight. As you can see on my photo, the edges don't look perfect, which is because the carpet hair/fluff moves after a week of use...I find this entirely normal and I think the only thing that would resolve the "issue" is if BMW designed the mats so that there is more shaved space around the logo, preventing any fluff from lying over the logo itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #46
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
From your photo it looks like your "M" letter is much larger than the slashes, maybe that's a result of the way it was photographed or fuzzy lines... From what I've seen and heard, I just think the OEM mats are poor quality not befitting our cars.
      02-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #47
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
From your photo it looks like your "M" letter is much larger than the slashes, maybe that's a result of the way it was photographed or fuzzy lines... From what I've seen and heard, I just think the OEM mats are poor quality not befitting our cars.
It's the fuzzy fluff of the mat making it look that way, I'll "comb" the fluff and take a better pic when I get a chance. They are the same size.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #48
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Mine looks like a masterpiece compared to your photo.
I've to agree with 1SerieStud. My ///M mats look ok and quality wise fine, typical for a euro manufacturer. I've paid $109 for mine and I am pretty happy with them.

Your's seem to be defective in picture 2 especially bad.

As far as BMW quality of the interior in general, as we all know it's desired to be better and can't be compared to Japanese car manufacturers such as Lexus/Acura/Infinity, etc.

But, we did not buy BMW because of the interior, and we know what we paying for. ///M
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #49
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

File this thread under First-World Problems - "the threads on my floor mat don't line up properly."

Now, don't go getting your knickers in a twist - I'm as anal as anyone on this board. (Well, almost anyone - some of you scare me!)
      02-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #50
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
File this thread under First-World Problems - "the threads on my floor mat don't line up properly."

Now, don't go getting your knickers in a twist - I'm as anal as anyone on this board. (Well, almost anyone - some of you scare me!)
      02-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #51
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:

Rick I was at my BMW Zentrum today and asked about your poor quality mats. The parts guy and I looked up some mats for the 1M... but the parts diagrams leave much to be desired. No real photos or any details. Looked to me that eitehr you can order rubber or velour mats. Not sure IF you would get a M logo. I think not. Perhaps you should write a letter to //M GmbH in Garching - about the poor quality. You can look on Google for their address or PM me for it. Sorry buddy.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Yes, I would call Bmw too. You are pretty harsh on the dealer saying they ripped you off. I got mine from them and they are original not aftermarket as you posted. You have a real gripe but unfair to the dealer IMO especially since they are selling them at big discount. Anyway, sorry it turned out bad for you .
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #53
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes, I would call Bmw too. You are pretty harsh on the dealer saying they ripped you off. I got mine from them and they are original not aftermarket as you posted. You have a real gripe but unfair to the dealer IMO especially since they are selling them at big discount. Anyway, sorry it turned out bad for you .
Nachob, I don't think I am being harsh with the dealer, my criticism with them is that I feel they knowingly send these mats out because 95% of the customers will accept that quality. I never said they ripped me off. I also affirmed that 1) they were willing to refund my $$ and 2) that they checked their stock and all the mats were like that...basically telling me that all the mats look as bad. So will they remove the mats from stock and have BMW provide more professional-quality mats? I don't think so. I plainly put the blame on BMW for selling these mats through their dealers with such poor quality control and flea market quality stitching.

If both mats had stitching like the bottom image, then I'd be fine with this mat and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Update: BMW Customer service has sent me three emails so far on this, hopefully they'll rectify this for all the rest of the 1M enthusiasts.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rikx1M; 02-15-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #54
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:

Update: BMW Customer service has sent me three emails so far on this, hopefully they'll rectify this for all the rest of the 1M enthusiasts.
THANK YOU
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #55
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Yeah I understand they look bad from the pics. Definitely not up to what BMW should be making. As I said sorry they turned out bad. Let us know if BMW does something to correct it. I guess I know those guys in the parts department and while they might not be the most efficient they don't strike me as the type to send junk out on purpose. I guess that is my point. Hope it works out.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #56
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yeah I understand they look bad from the pics. Definitely not up to what BMW should be making. As I said sorry they turned out bad. Let us know if BMW does something to correct it. I guess I know those guys in the parts department and while they might not be the most efficient they don't strike me as the type to send junk out on purpose. I guess that is my point. Hope it works out.
Dude, if you'd do me a huge favor and the next time you are at the parts dept, look at their mats...see if all of them are like this. I would buy from them again, but only if the quality exists...

I understand BMW South County is the middlemen and not totally to blame for selling substandard quality as it's branded OEM. But remember one thing, if someone was selling a knockoff, wouldn't they make the packaging also a part of the scam? Or it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer sold substandard quality to avoid losses and deal with the outcome if/when they ever get caught.

I'm not sure what the truth is here, hopefully BMW NA will really research this and provide analysis.

I appreciate your input! Thanks.
      02-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #57
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_ View Post
wow talk about a huge difference, take this picture in and show the dealer, talk to the sales manager.
They already offered him a refund.
What do you want the sales manager to do? Give him a cookie too?

My 135i came with standard mats.
I ordered the 1M mats to complement the M-Sport package bits.
Although the ///M embroidering isn't as bad as in your picture, the overall quality is definitely inferior to the standard mats. Less plush and cut in smaller size. Clearly visible when you compare them side by side.
Looks like it was made by a different subcontractor (made in China).

I would not accept the ones you have. Looks like defective.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #58
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Rick, did you see this thread? Might explain the poor quality of the //M logo stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
The 1M mat has been unavailable here in USA since last November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
I saw a thread here (search) that claimed BMW discontinued the 1M mats in US.

I went to my dealer and asked. They confirmed and said they only have 2 in stock. I bought one. That was last year.

Small question about accessories

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649438
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I unpacked my mats and tried them out... 1 picture has original mats that came with the car, as you can see it's a bit bigger, and covers more and I like it, but m-mats complement 1M interior, and I bought it just for it.... as you can see the quality is not top notch, but an OK and I would not expect more, you get what you pay for.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #60
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Thx for posting, -Z-. No where near perfect but probably better than most.

The heal padding on the driver's mat is of noticeable different color. Did you have any differences in the surrounding borders of the padding? One of the 4 sides on mine was twice the width of the others (either too much glue or machine pressed wrongly)
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #61
River Rat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Z... Where did you get those pedals with M logo??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #62
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
The heal padding on the driver's mat is of noticeable different color. Did you have any differences in the surrounding borders of the padding? One of the 4 sides on mine was twice the width of the others (either too much glue or machine pressed wrongly)
My guess the color differences is intentional. And I don't have any border issues, they are ok, I did not measure them with a micrometer though...

As I said before, the quality of these is fine by me, rattle in a door because of an HK stereo bothers me more as I have to listen to it all the time

let's face it, interior quality of any, I mean any BMW, except maybe M3/M5,etc is not even close to Acura/Lexus, period.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #63
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
Z... Where did you get those pedals with M logo??
China made, man, I bought mine on ebay, but they sell everywhere, there even some vendors here sell them, check out the M3 classified section.

I like them more than BMW perf. pedals, for $30+ you get decent quality. Don't buy the dead pedal though, it does not fit, I tried, and it's way too short.

And, if you buy them, be sure to cut the bolts on the accelerator pedal, or you may get a "brown moment..." as someone said
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #64
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Z,

Thanks for posting. If my mats looked like your mats, we wouldn't be having this post. I hope BMW NA finds out where these mats came from and why they look like knockoffs, not prestigious BMW "M" quality.
      02-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #65
rbeggins
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Hey Rick

Its Ryan (black 135 on Campbell), not sure how to send a PM on here but love your new 1M. Where did you order it? Waiting for cobb tuning on the N55 so I can roll out on you
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #66
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Ryan..,you have to have 5 posts in order to pm someone. Just read through the forums and post comments on stuff that interests you. Roll on over to the Europe forums so you can see what we have planned for the summer.