BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1

1M replica bumper on 135is (installed)

Installed 1M replica bumper on 2013 135is. I like it and good fitment. What do you think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Fakemike368.50
..Rush..973.50
      06-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
Fakemike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N54 MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Looks good!

Where did you buy it?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemike View Post
Looks good!

Where did you buy it?
Thanks, got at bimmerworld (unpainted)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #4
bmwisme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i conv. Sport Pkg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Installed 1M replica bumper on 2013 135is. I like it and good fitment. What do you think?
Nice!

I'm looking for a 1M replica bumper (for stock fender 135i) that requires very little if any modifications and without an inner fender to bumper gap. I haven't checked bimmerworld but ECS Tuning and Turner Motorsports seem to sell the same one (pictures look exact). They sell a non-fog version with headlight washer cut-outs. I have an 08' 135i E88 w/Sport Pkg., want to retain the OEM washers even though I've never had them activate in the 6 years I've had the car - only drive on sunny days

I have a quote from a local body shop to install/paint but they're not completely comfortable with a non-OEM bumper swap. I'm trying to avoid unforeseen costs because they will have to tinker with the install. That and inner-fender gaps will bug me.

How is the fitment? Any modifications required to get a good fit? Yours looks great from the pictures you've posted.

Last edited by bmwisme; 06-19-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
TJ135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

I might have a splitter for you if interested? I ordered a RevoZport 1M splitter and it didnt fit an OEM 1M bumper it was like they sent me one for this bumper, so its useless to me. Ive been trying to get one from them that will fit correctly its been a long process, the correct size splitter should be in the mail from revozport but they aren't responding to my emails at this point and they have not been able to provide a tracking number or conformation it was shipped out. The last email from them was late may saying it should be shipped out june 1st..

Anyway, DM me if your curious in a revozport spitter that might fit this bumper. I can send picture of how it dosent fit..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwisme View Post
Nice!

I'm looking for a 1M replica bumper (for stock fender 135i) that requires very little if any modifications and without an inner fender to bumper gap. I haven't checked bimmerworld but ECS Tuning and Turner Motorsports seem to sell the same one (pictures look exact). They sell a non-fog version with headlight washer cut-outs. I have an 08' 135i E88 w/Sport Pkg., want to retain the OEM washers even though I've never had them activate in the 6 years I've had the car - only drive on sunny days

I have a quote from a local body shop to install/paint but they're not completely comfortable with a non-OEM bumper swap. I'm trying to avoid unforeseen costs because they will have to tinker with the install. That and inner-fender gaps will bug me.

How is the fitment? Any modifications required to get a good fit? Yours looks great from the pictures you've posted.
What do you mean by inner fender gap? Install is easy and would recommend you do it yourself.
This one has airducts and not fog light holes/ready for foglights.
With my 135is, I didn't need to make alterations for the airducts to bolt up to the oil coolers. But my vehicle has the upgraded cooling system from the factory and have heard there may be modifications needed if you don't have these upgraded oil coolers on the passenger/driver side.

Concerning the fitment, fits better than my stock one, but really tight. The outside bolts on the bumper line up just fine for the fender holes and lowermost outside hole.

On my vehicle, the holes underneath didn't line up. So I drilled out 3 holes to match the underliner fitment. I have a 5" stepped intercooler, so if you don't have one the fitment may not be as tight.

Quality is very good though.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #7
Clainer98
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ135i View Post
I might have a splitter for you if interested? I ordered a RevoZport 1M splitter and it didnt fit an OEM 1M bumper it was like they sent me one for this bumper, so its useless to me. Ive been trying to get one from them that will fit correctly its been a long process, the correct size splitter should be in the mail from revozport but they aren't responding to my emails at this point and they have not been able to provide a tracking number or conformation it was shipped out. The last email from them was late may saying it should be shipped out june 1st..

Anyway, DM me if your curious in a revozport spitter that might fit this bumper. I can send picture of how it dosent fit..
How much are you selling the splitter for?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Looks good, doesn't look as tall as the 1M (or knock off) versions so it feels like it "fits" the 135i better.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
bmwisme
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i conv. Sport Pkg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
What do you mean by inner fender gap? Install is easy and would recommend you do it yourself.
This one has airducts and not fog light holes/ready for foglights.
With my 135is, I didn't need to make alterations for the airducts to bolt up to the oil coolers. But my vehicle has the upgraded cooling system from the factory and have heard there may be modifications needed if you don't have these upgraded oil coolers on the passenger/driver side.

Concerning the fitment, fits better than my stock one, but really tight. The outside bolts on the bumper line up just fine for the fender holes and lowermost outside hole.

On my vehicle, the holes underneath didn't line up. So I drilled out 3 holes to match the underliner fitment. I have a 5" stepped intercooler, so if you don't have one the fitment may not be as tight.

Quality is very good though.
I'm not sure (...what do you mean fender gap?). Most all of the 1M bumper posts I've seen, and actually a reply by another, say there's a gap between the stock inner fender and bumper. It "could be" that they're talking of a particular 1M bumper, not that all have this issue. I'm looking at the ECS Tuning or Turner Motorsport 1M replica - no fogs on my 135i, so I would go with the air-duct version with cutouts for headlight washers to retain as close to OEM as I can.
A contact at ECS mentioned that he's not heard of any fitment problems but was hoping to hear from someone that's actually done the conversion on a 135i.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:05 PM   #10
Winn.Nguyen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Do you have a profile photo of the entire car with the new bumper?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:07 AM   #11
irontitan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford F-150, BMWX5

That looks impressive.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #12
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Interesting that it uses the 135i style washer caps instead of the 1m style
      08-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #13
thedabmane
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwisme View Post
I'm not sure (...what do you mean fender gap?). Most all of the 1M bumper posts I've seen, and actually a reply by another, say there's a gap between the stock inner fender and bumper. It "could be" that they're talking of a particular 1M bumper, not that all have this issue. I'm looking at the ECS Tuning or Turner Motorsport 1M replica - no fogs on my 135i, so I would go with the air-duct version with cutouts for headlight washers to retain as close to OEM as I can.
A contact at ECS mentioned that he's not heard of any fitment problems but was hoping to hear from someone that's actually done the conversion on a 135i.
I bought mine off of ECS, got the one with fogs about 3-4 years ago and I need to replace it because it’s so low that when I hit a pothole bad it ruined the bumper but other then that the figment is mint and didn’t need any cutting or modifications!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #14
MN.BIMMER
No Cop No Stop
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

From the front, the fog lights one looks better IMO. But seeing as the one with the air ducts doesn't hang as low is more appealing to me from a DD standpoint.
      08-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #15
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

looks good man.. waiting to do mine.. once I grow a pair to chop up our beautiful is'