BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Anyone fitted a the KW DDC or HLS kit?

Anyone used the KW DDC or KW HLS kit on their E82 ?

Combo setup looks pretty good for driving from/to the track (soft mode), and then flick to sport+ whilst on track. Using the HLS to load on/off steep ramps (eurotunnel!) etc.

KW DDC

KW HLS
      10-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
LuuZ
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Hi Tinsta, I have a KW DDC suspension since 4 years now.

The car is 15mm lower.

Soft (blue) is a little too soft, it's good on highway with wife and/or child because it's very confortable, but forgot it on small roads.

Sport (pink) is 80% hard, it's nice on daily drive but I'd put something like 60-70% hard on this mode imo

Sport+ (red) is 100% hard, it's for track use, it's very stiff, less body roll and more confidence while into the curves....but it's not a competition suspension or something like KW Clubsport, it's an electronic KW V3

If you want to buy it, buy some camber plates (Ground Control / Vorshlag) so you can increase your negative camber for track use like -2,5 front and -2 rear
Tinsta189.00
      10-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Thanks for posting Luuz.

I have the v3 setup already on the car, but just wanted something alittle more softer for the road but also still very good for the track.

I've been talking to KW, and it seems they aren't recommended to work together, ie DDC & HLS. My car is quite low, and the front carbon splitter can be alittle close for comfort on ramps, road bumps and loading ramps etc.

I'm going to look at fitting the HLS kit to my current setup, will just have to live with the harshness, or possibly try some softer tyres like michelins.

cheers