BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

New to me

I've just picked-up a 128i in Sedonarot Metallic with black leather and sports pack to replace my aging 328i daily. The new girl has 47k on the clock and the old girl has 99k on the clock. I was going to go with a 2 series but I didn't like the light steering prefer the hydraulic steering feel. I also wanted to stick with the 28i for the straight 6 non-turbo reliability. Here's a pic of both cars together.

One of the halogen headlights has condensation, so I'm thinking of swapping them for Depo V2 lights. Is this a good move?

Next I'm going to transfer my front sports seats form the 328 to the 128. I've read they're a plug and play fit. Is this assumption correct?

Finally, I want to transfer the steering wheel and paddles from the 328 to the 128. Does anyone know if I can take the wiring loom from the 328 for these paddles to work or do i need to get those from elsewhere.

She's a lovely drive!
thanks for any advice on my questions.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecan View Post
I've just picked-up a 128i in Sedonarot Metallic with black leather and sports pack to replace my aging 328i daily. The new girl has 47k on the clock and the old girl has 99k on the clock. I was going to go with a 2 series but I didn't like the light steering prefer the hydraulic steering feel. I also wanted to stick with the 28i for the straight 6 non-turbo reliability. Here's a pic of both cars together.

One of the halogen headlights has condensation, so I'm thinking of swapping them for Depo V2 lights. Is this a good move?

Next I'm going to transfer my front sports seats form the 328 to the 128. I've read they're a plug and play fit. Is this assumption correct?

Finally, I want to transfer the steering wheel and paddles from the 328 to the 128. Does anyone know if I can take the wiring loom from the 328 for these paddles to work or do i need to get those from elsewhere.

She's a lovely drive!
thanks for any advice on my questions.
Congratulations on the new 128i! Sedona Red is a gorgeous color!

The seats should definitely be plug and play. I think the Depo headlights are a great choice! I personally like the Euro LCI Halogen lights better, but they're a good deal harder to find, and can be a good bit more expensive.

I don't know about the paddles, but the wheel will just bolt right up.

Enjoy the new car! (Even though it isn't new)