12-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #67
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-j View Post
I see you had the FX350 before the spec 3+. What flywheel were you running with the FX, and please ppst impressions of both clutch combinations.
The FX350 was paired w the stock DMFW. Pedal feel was also quite smooth and less heavy than stock, but there was severe juddering on the initial engagement (due to the 6 puck design)

The Mfactory SMFW paired with the Spec stage 3+ actually feels more comfortable, no juddering when moving off. Pedal feel is STILL less heavy than stock. SMFW chatter is minimum, you can't really hear it unless you really pay attention, and you have the option to raise the idling via MHD if you are really concerned about it. So far I've done around 7-8,000kms and no slips.

Let me know if there's any other questions you have.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #68
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
What fueling changes did you do, or were required?
Do you have IAT log of a 100-200km/h run?
To answer your fueling questions, I was running pump gas (ron98) with 100% meth on a CM14 nozzle. Fuel-It stage 2 LPFP with original BMW HPFP
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #69
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
The FX350 was paired w the stock DMFW. Pedal feel was also quite smooth and less heavy than stock, but there was severe juddering on the initial engagement (due to the 6 puck design)

The Mfactory SMFW paired with the Spec stage 3+ actually feels more comfortable, no juddering when moving off. Pedal feel is STILL less heavy than stock. SMFW chatter is minimum, you can't really hear it unless you really pay attention, and you have the option to raise the idling via MHD if you are really concerned about it. So far I've done around 7-8,000kms and no slips.

Let me know if there's any other questions you have.
Thank you. That was exactly what I needed to know!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 12:57 AM   #70
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:

welcome! what an awesome build you have there too!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 01:16 AM   #71
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
What fueling changes did you do, or were required?
Do you have IAT log of a 100-200km/h run?
Here's the logs as requested
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 03:34 AM   #72
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:

hot-j, hows your build coming along now?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #73
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hot-j, hows your build coming along now?
As of now I am awaiting completion of the motorsport24 oil cooler kit. That is slowing down the radiator and AD engineering intercooler install. Also I am awaiting completion of the strut brace from the machine shop. That is slowing down the suspension install.....I am having them fab up billet inserts to be welded on so the center section is removable. Unfortunately custom work always takes time.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #74
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
As of now I am awaiting completion of the motorsport24 oil cooler kit. That is slowing down the radiator and AD engineering intercooler install. Also I am awaiting completion of the strut brace from the machine shop. That is slowing down the suspension install.....I am having them fab up billet inserts to be welded on so the center section is removable. Unfortunately custom work always takes time.
sounds exciting though!! keep us updated, i bet it's gonna be epic.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #75
hot-j
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
sounds exciting though!! keep us updated, i bet it's gonna be epic.
I definitely will! I am having a bit of anxiety about waiting 3 months for the strut brace only to give it to someone else to cut up..... but whatever. If there os not a solution for your problem sometimes you have to create the solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 01:23 AM   #76
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
I definitely will! I am having a bit of anxiety about waiting 3 months for the strut brace only to give it to someone else to cut up..... but whatever. If there os not a solution for your problem sometimes you have to create the solution.

don't worry bro all will turn out well!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #77
Ewok
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [0.00]
Hey there lightning, do you happen to have a CF drive shaft installed as well ? Interested to get any feedback given the recent recall for CV joints - might just decide to switch the driveshaft and CV joint at the same sitting.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 10:57 PM   #78
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Hey there lightning, do you happen to have a CF drive shaft installed as well ? Interested to get any feedback given the recent recall for CV joints - might just decide to switch the driveshaft and CV joint at the same sitting.

Thanks !

Hi Ewok, nice to see a fellow Singaporean in this forum.

Yes, i do have the CF driveshaft installed, and I like it very much M factory is a good and reliable company to deal with and you won't go wrong with them.

Not sure if theres any aftermarket CV joint though lol. Let me know if there's any! haha perhaps we can do a group buy
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #79
Ewok
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [0.00]
Hey there ! Reassuring to note about the CF shafts ! Heard YCW/mfactory has a few more left for the MT ... think I'll pull the trigger on 1 , =)
Question about your turbo - why pureturbo instead of RB or Vargas? And did you order yours with ceramic coating?

Haven't heard of an aftermarket CV joint either- but no harm asking ! I'll keep you posted if it exists , =)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 12:18 AM   #80
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Hey there ! Reassuring to note about the CF shafts ! Heard YCW/mfactory has a few more left for the MT ... think I'll pull the trigger on 1 , =)
Question about your turbo - why pureturbo instead of RB or Vargas? And did you order yours with ceramic coating?

Haven't heard of an aftermarket CV joint either- but no harm asking ! I'll keep you posted if it exists , =)

nice! congrats on your CF shaft.

Well, with regards to turbos, I don't wish to start an intense debate about which turbos are better or worse. I went with Pure Turbos because after having an intense technical discussion with Charles from Pure Turbos, his engineering logic and attention to detail convinced me to go with Pure. I don't think they offer with ceramic coating though. (not necessary i suppose)

Been running for almost a year and it's been strong and drama free.

That's all i have to say about them
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #81
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

I really wish you'd get this thing on a dyno, even just for comparisons sake. Would love to see even road data from your tuning sessions? A 3rd gear pull to redline perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 01:44 AM   #82
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
I really wish you'd get this thing on a dyno, even just for comparisons sake. Would love to see even road data from your tuning sessions? A 3rd gear pull to redline perhaps?

Hey T1M, what sort of road data would you like to see?

sure i'll prob do a dyno after i get the clutch replaced, my stage 3+ is slipping
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #83
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

Any updates on the car ? Hope all is well.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #84
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Hello and love the thread, I somehow missed it but am about to install pure stage 2 DD Turbo's. Doing it half as maintenance due to wastegate rattle at 85,000 miles on my 1M, then of course there's the power all the way to redline.

I'm fbo(mods in signature,went back to catted midpipes to avoid smell), and running a Jb4 and bms mhd flash.

Ordered the turbos, RB silicone inlets and fuel it lpfp.

I'm not looking to max turbos out and would like to avoid any port injection style setups. Max out a 40% e85 mix for road use and find the most reliable level of boost for track days. Hoping I can run more boost with a tad less heat soak due to being in the turbos efficiency range.

Any advice for a new Stg 2 guy? what mhd tune are you running, I won't be running meth, any tuning recommendations?

Any recommendations on plugs and gapping after the turbos?

Thanks for the detailed thread, just caught up on a lot.
      03-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #85
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Hello and love the thread, I somehow missed it but am about to install pure stage 2 DD Turbo's. Doing it half as maintenance due to wastegate rattle at 85,000 miles on my 1M, then of course there's the power all the way to redline.

I'm fbo(mods in signature,went back to catted midpipes to avoid smell), and running a Jb4 and bms mhd flash.

Ordered the turbos, RB silicone inlets and fuel it lpfp.

I'm not looking to max turbos out and would like to avoid any port injection style setups. Max out a 40% e85 mix for road use and find the most reliable level of boost for track days. Hoping I can run more boost with a tad less heat soak due to being in the turbos efficiency range.

Any advice for a new Stg 2 guy? what mhd tune are you running, I won't be running meth, any tuning recommendations?

Any recommendations on plugs and gapping after the turbos?

Thanks for the detailed thread, just caught up on a lot.
You want a custom tune with upgraded turbos. The off the shelf tunes are designed for stock turbos.

Mt turbos will be ready soon too and also will be running no PI for safety reasons but just happy to use straight pump fuel. Fun times ahead.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 06:57 AM   #86
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Agree on port injection, too much potential to fail, Jb4 has lots of protection for if it fails but juice isn't worth the squeeze for the type of modest on track performance I want, more for Dyno runs and highway pulls imo

I've had custom tunes and "off the shelf", I use quotes as people like burger offer dozens of off the shelf tunes for different scenarios, you have a specific tuner in mind or anything?
      03-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #87
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep

The JB4 still has no safety for high rpm misfire detection and single cylinder fuel shutoff. If the DME cuts fuel to one cylinder after a misfire event the PI will keep spraying alone and cause a hyperlean condition in the cylinder which is very risky especially if the DME doesn't cut spark (the assumption is it does but we don't know for sure yet). Not worth the dice roll imo.

I tune these cars so I'll be doing it myself (currently FBO with stock turbos on a custom tune). Just pointing out that you definitely want a custom tune when you've got larger turbos to make sure it's all safe and dialled in.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #88
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Any updates on the car ? Hope all is well.

hi T1M! apologies i haven't been very active in the scene lately... all is good! car still running strong
Appreciate 0