BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

JB3 Blow Out - Lowest Priced Boxing Week Sale/GroupBuy!!

Hey Guys and Gals

I am happy to announce a new Boxing Week Sale from N54Tuning.com

--------------------------

As you probably all saw my “crazy” intake sale, and heard I was going to offer a “Christmas incentive” for potential JB3 customers, I am happy to announce Part-2 of the crazy sale. This is the sale you guys have been waiting for. I am happy I can bring you the LOWEST prices ever offered on both the JB3 pin-out and the JB3 PnP and give you guys the first opportunity to get one of the new JB3s with the 1.2 chip

I have managed to secure a significant allotment from BMS of the yet to be released v1.2, but there is a fixed amount of units so order early, as when they are gone prices have to return to normal. Orders will ship in the order they were received starting the week of Jan 26th. If you have been thinking of getting a new tune, or this will be your first tune, this is the perfect time to get the most bang for your buck and release the hidden potential in your car with the new JB3 v1.2.

Industry leading 14-Day Money-Back Guarantee – NO restocking fee (We’re that sure you are going to love your new JB3, so trying it out is absolutely risk free)

A note to my Canadian Customers: All Canadian orders will ship from Canada so there will be no issues with hidden fees/taxes/duties and shipping delays.

A note to US Customers: All US orders will ship from the US, so you guys also get cheap shipping and no taxes or hidden fees

Sale prices are listed below;

- JB3 Pin Out – 10% OFF (Regular $379.00 onsale for $349.00)
- JB3 PnP - $50.00 OFF (Regular $629.00 onsale for $579.00)
- Dual Cone Intake – 30% OFF (Regular 139.00 onsale for $99.00)

All JB3 units purchased during this sale/group-buy will ship with the yet to be released v1.2, which includes the following refinements;

1) Gas pedal map switching. This will allow you switch maps or disable the JB3 from inside the car without running any additional wires.

2) New maps, including maps with much improved low end response.

3) Some firmware improvements which will be needed for the upcoming gauge / tuning tool and future software.

4) Some minor tweaks to improve cold weather operations.

Below are the new maps that will be included in the JB3 v1.2

0 Stock/Valet
-- Stock tune with boost levels of 6-8psi

1 Low boost map
-- Boost levels of 11-12psi

2 High altitude map
-- Boost levels of 13-14psi but more aggressive high RPM boost taper

3 High boost map
-- Default map, suggested for most users
-- Boost levels of 13-14psi
-- Auto detects and adapts to mods like race gas, intake, exhaust, DP.

4 High boost map with lagfix
-- Same as map 3 but with improved throttle response below 3500rpm

5 Hot map
-- Same as map 3 but with more aggressive low end boost and less high end taper
-- Suggested for those looking for a little more power than the high boost map

6 Hot map with lagfix
-- Same as map 5 but with improved throttle response below 3500rpm

7 Race map (customer version)
-- 97+ RM/2 octane and supporting mods suggested
-- Peak boost of 14-16psi depending on mods and weather.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Damn good deals. I may end up having to jump on board for a DCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Damn good deals. I may end up having to jump on board for a DCI.
If you jump we'll catch you eheh I think at this price the intake is cheaper then having your stock airfilter changed at BMW ehehhe

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow very good prices... to bad I have everything lol.. get more stuff hehe jk

But very good prices.. same prices as the previous GB... people should jump on this...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Wow very good prices... to bad I have everything lol.. get more stuff hehe jk

But very good prices.. same prices as the previous GB... people should jump on this...
You could always grab another JB3 eheheh

Merry Christmas Everybody

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
raolc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4m

Couple questions

For all of us with a jb3 already, can we get the option to upgrade to the 1.2 chip soon please? I'm soo eager to try these new maps!!

Also, the map switching feature by switching through maps by pressing the gas while the car is off, I don't understand how I'm supposed to know which map the car is running on. Other than guess and check of course. If I get the rixeffects vent gauge for the 135i am I going to be able to switch between the maps using that?

And Merry Christmas everyone!! Happy Holidays!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raolc View Post
Couple questions

For all of us with a jb3 already, can we get the option to upgrade to the 1.2 chip soon please? I'm soo eager to try these new maps!!

Also, the map switching feature by switching through maps by pressing the gas while the car is off, I don't understand how I'm supposed to know which map the car is running on. Other than guess and check of course. If I get the rixeffects vent gauge for the 135i am I going to be able to switch between the maps using that?

And Merry Christmas everyone!! Happy Holidays!
I will put up an order link for the new 1.2 soon It will be early in the new year.

The way it is configured now there is no real way to know what map you're on if you loose track of pedal pushes. best to start from the beginning. The easiest option is to have a boost gauge to know you're making the correct boost, or have Rick's vent gauge, or wait for the upcoming BMS tuning tool/gauge

Rick's gauge will work with the maps but only allows you to choose from 4 maps currently, but i think its the best option currently available, and it fits nicely into the cabin.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
raolc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Tuning.com View Post
I will put up an order link for the new 1.2 soon It will be early in the new year.

The way it is configured now there is no real way to know what map you're on if you loose track of pedal pushes. best to start from the beginning. The easiest option is to have a boost gauge to know you're making the correct boost, or have Rick's vent gauge, or wait for the upcoming BMS tuning tool/gauge

Rick's gauge will work with the maps but only allows you to choose from 4 maps currently, but i think its the best option currently available, and it fits nicely into the cabin.

Mike
Ok thanks a lot for your help, just 1 more question

Can we choose which 4 maps we can choose from using Rick's gauge? Because then it'd be easy to choose the 4 we would want to switch between. For example I know I personally would probably never use a Valet map or a high altitude map.

I just need something telling me which map i'm on. Doesn't make sense to floor it and see how much boost I'm running everytime I want to check what map I'm on... I don't think that would even work since it seems like a lot of the maps run at very similar boosts.

I know currently there is a map switching device you guys sell that lets you switch between 3 maps, may be a new one that complies with the 7 maps on 1.2?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raolc View Post
Ok thanks a lot for your help, just 1 more question

Can we choose which 4 maps we can choose from using Rick's gauge? Because then it'd be easy to choose the 4 we would want to switch between. For example I know I personally would probably never use a Valet map or a high altitude map.

I just need something telling me which map i'm on. Doesn't make sense to floor it and see how much boost I'm running everytime I want to check what map I'm on... I don't think that would even work since it seems like a lot of the maps run at very similar boosts.

I know currently there is a map switching device you guys sell that lets you switch between 3 maps, may be a new one that complies with the 7 maps on 1.2?
Map switching on the jb3 using the mapswitch input is different than the maps selected with the gas pedal... you actually still have the gas pedal selections availible, they just let you configure the #2 map...

Let me explain further...

The RiX gauge emulates a physical 4 selection switch to the jb3's mapswitch input... in the gauge, we call these bc.1, bc.1, bc.3, bc.4 .. bc is short for boost control... since you are basically just sending singals to control the jb3

With 1.2 on the RiX boost gauge, selection bc.2 becomes the "gas pedal selected" map. So, that means that you have access to all 7 maps, but only 4 maps can be selected in real-time while driving... all 7 are accessable... but you must pre-select with the gas pedal, the map which replaces #2 on the guage. The other 3 maps selectable by the gauge I beleive are stock, low boost, and race gas... but All maps are stored on the jb3, so re-ordering them would need to be done by Terry... he mentioned that he can customize your map slots on the jb3 for you if need be. Also, with 1.2 still being in beta, these mapswitch input map positions are subject to change.

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Well its officially Boxing Day

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
G_T_S
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Tuning.com View Post
The way it is configured now there is no real way to know what map you're on if you loose track of pedal pushes. best to start from the beginning.
Long-time lurker, first-time poster after finally taking the plunge on a 135i vert :thumbup:

A big THANKS to all of you who have posted here on the forum as the info you've provided has been invaluable to me as I approached the final decision to buy this sweet ride :respekt:

Wasn't thinking of tuning so quickly but I like these sale prices!

N54Tuning, is the gas pedal switching something you do every time before you start the car? For instance, if I'm driving along on map #3 then turn off the iginition, would I simply hit the gas pedal 3 times before starting the car again, to take it back to map 3? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #12
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_T_S View Post
Long-time lurker, first-time poster after finally taking the plunge on a 135i vert :thumbup:

A big THANKS to all of you who have posted here on the forum as the info you've provided has been invaluable to me as I approached the final decision to buy this sweet ride :respekt:

Wasn't thinking of tuning so quickly but I like these sale prices!

N54Tuning, is the gas pedal switching something you do every time before you start the car? For instance, if I'm driving along on map #3 then turn off the iginition, would I simply hit the gas pedal 3 times before starting the car again, to take it back to map 3? :iono:
No the map stays saved. So if you are happy with a certain map, such as map #3 lets say, unless you change it the car will always load that map The map switching is there if you want to try new things out, but you will most likely stick to one map for the majority of your driving.

The great thing with the JB3 is you can run any boost level, such as stock, low, high or insane (race), and pick whenever you want to engage them.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #13
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Just to give you guys a heads up we are running out of stock due to the crazy prices. We got about 10 left of both the PnP and Pin-Out, so get the orders in.

Sale goes until January 4th at midnight, but at this pace we may run out of stock early.

Mike
_________
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #14
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Bump for the weekend
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Just a heads up to everybody.

JB3 PnP - 5 Units left in stock at these insane prices

JB3 Pin-Out - 11 Units left in stock at these insane prices

Get em while they last! As this is your first chance to order the new 1.2 JB3 with map switching and 7 pre-loaded maps!

Have a great weekend everybody (whats left of it)

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep

Orders are starting to ship as of today A little early

Few more units available at sale prices.

Mike
Appreciate 0