BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #45
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermotard View Post
I really don't know what to get now. I would wait for the rate to drop but unless it happens in the next 1 1/2 months, it won't do me any good because the lease on my current vehicle is up in the first week of May. I don't want an Infiniti because I used to have a 2003 G35 coupe and want to try something new. As I recall, I put my deposit on that one 5 months before it came out too!
I understand the feeling of getting into something "new" but don't be so quick to dismiss the G35C or sedan. The 07 and 08 cars are different than the 2003. I know someone that had the 04 sedan and just moved into a 07 recently and the cars are really different. I can't speak about the 08 but I've had a lot of seat time in the 07 and man have they really worked on the ride. Also the 20hp bump also is very noticeable. I really think that the G35 is a very over looked car, it reall offers a lot for the money!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #46
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
Why are you wanting to lease instead of finance?
Tax reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #47
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
I understand the feeling of getting into something "new" but don't be so quick to dismiss the G35C or sedan. The 07 and 08 cars are different than the 2003. I know someone that had the 04 sedan and just moved into a 07 recently and the cars are really different. I can't speak about the 08 but I've had a lot of seat time in the 07 and man have they really worked on the ride. Also the 20hp bump also is very noticeable. I really think that the G35 is a very over looked car, it reall offers a lot for the money!
I actually really loved my 03 G35 coupe but I'm not too sure about the redesigned one. I know it's probably way better than the 03 but I'm not too hot on the size and looks especially the rear. The interior is a huge improvement but the exterior is just not doing it for me. I would get a 335i coupe over the G37 but neither one is really catching my eye right now. I just want something smaller and more tossable. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #48
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Tax reasons.
There are actually more reasons for those that cant write it off.. maybe you are a person that buys a different car every 3-4 years.. or maybe you want to keep the cash in your pocket for other investments and purchases.. or even warranty coverage for the time you have this car... etc etc.. I was going to finance but am looking at leasing now.. especially if the rates drop.. wanting to buy a place but not give up this amazing car..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #49
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
There are actually more reasons for those that cant write it off.. maybe you are a person that buys a different car every 3-4 years.. or maybe you want to keep the cash in your pocket for other investments and purchases.. or even warranty coverage for the time you have this car... etc etc.. I was going to finance but am looking at leasing now.. especially if the rates drop.. wanting to buy a place but not give up this amazing car..
Exactly. I do it for tax purposes but everything you listed is valid as well.

I've only had one financed vehicle actually work out better than a lease... my '04 S2000 was financed over 84 months and it was about $220 per month cheaper than the lease would have been for 36 months. I ended up selling it at 37 months for about 5k more than I owed. (the only reason it worked out was a rare colour combo that only existed on about 100 cars in the world otherwise I would have been selling the car for 6-7k less than I did).
      03-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #50
Sugarphreak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Tax reasons.
I see, that makes sense if you are writting off payments under a small business.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #51
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
I see, that makes sense if you are writting off payments under a small business.
Or if you are in sales for that matter!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #52
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
I actually really loved my 03 G35 coupe but I'm not too sure about the redesigned one. I know it's probably way better than the 03 but I'm not too hot on the size and looks especially the rear. The interior is a huge improvement but the exterior is just not doing it for me. I would get a 335i coupe over the G37 but neither one is really catching my eye right now. I just want something smaller and more tossable. :smile:
I know what you mean about getting something smaller and more tossable, everything out there right now seems so bloated to me.

To be honest, nothing out there right now is really catching my eye. I feel the 1 is the most interesting cars of the bunch right now, well minus the exotic, RS' IS-F's and the M's of the world. But I still feel there's room for a special edition 1 - but I don't know, maybe I'm just looking to hard for something really special.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #53
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
I know what you mean about getting something smaller and more tossable, everything out there right now seems so bloated to me.

To be honest, nothing out there right now is really catching my eye. I feel the 1 is the most interesting cars of the bunch right now, well minus the exotic, RS' IS-F's and the M's of the world. But I still feel there's room for a special edition 1 - but I don't know, maybe I'm just looking to hard for something really special.
Same reason why Im getting the one. I wanted an s4...b8 is coming in a few months so the b7 will be outdated soon. So no other options for me
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #54
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Quote:
Tax reasons.
If you purchase the car for work and make payments on a loan the interest is a tax deduction. Then it is a depreciaing asset and you can save tax that way. You don't hear about that very often but that is the way my wife's accountant has her work car set up.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #55
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I've stepped down to a 128i so I can have all the fruit. To be honest I'm fine with killing myself 1.5 seconds after I could with a 135i.

What's the story with the loan interest tax deductions, the computer based tax software don't obviously offer that as an option.
Appreciate 0