BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2020, 06:48 PM   #23
GotBOOST??
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
I can't recommend this strong enough. Join BMWCCA with affiliation to Peachtree Chapter near you in Roswell. Then you'll get access to all club members who know the absolute best BMW indy garages in your area. A used 135 can drain your wallet really really fast without using knowledgeable BMW (indy) technicians.
DONOT try to code your battery with a friends scan tool.
Oops, didn't realize this thread got high jacked. My comments were directed to OP, GotBOOST?
Indy garages... do you mean Independent? ... like members that know how to work on them that would be lower at cost then specialty shops?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #24
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Independent yes. Garages (not dealerships) who specialize in German and/or BMWs. Peachtree web site mentions 3: Harrison, German Car Repairs and Eurofed (4 locations).
Members can advise you much; DIY (do it yourself) or take it to a garage. If possible (and you know nothing) learning to do your own oil changes is highly satisfying.
Being a member gives you immediate access to Club technical expert-answers within 24 hrs but usually within 3-4 hours. Expert is Mike Miller.
Look thru Peachtree site.
Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #25
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Replace the chargepipe.
I don't disagree with replacing it, I would just add..."when it breaks." I know it has broken for a lot of people under full load but 1. mine is 9 years old and the original and 2. It might have already been replaced by the owner before. It usually breaks under wide open throttle and modified cars with higher boost make it worse too. So if money is burning a hole in your pocket sure go ahead and replace it before it burns your skin but you will probably need money for valve cover gaskets, oil housing gaskets, coils, water pumps and few other things depending on which engine you have could also be injectors, wastegates....
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 05:06 AM   #26
GotBOOST??
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Independent yes. Garages (not dealerships) who specialize in German and/or BMWs. Peachtree web site mentions 3: Harrison, German Car Repairs and Eurofed (4 locations).
Members can advise you much; DIY (do it yourself) or take it to a garage. If possible (and you know nothing) learning to do your own oil changes is highly satisfying.
Being a member gives you immediate access to Club technical expert-answers within 24 hrs but usually within 3-4 hours. Expert is Mike Miller.
Look thru Peachtree site.
Good Luck
Oh i already know how to do the oil changes very easy. Up top filter, a few gaskets, drain the plug, add the right oil... pffft at least they made some things easy on these cars lol. I do notice some people quoted they take out the old oil from the filter area and clean it then add a tad of new oil in there. I also noticed some people dont do it or even mention it. I'm going to go ahead and be the one to actually take that old oil out also in that area. It's not hard and doesn't take much time at all.

Last edited by GotBOOST??; 10-01-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #27
Sanchez14
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBOOST?? View Post
Oh i already know how to do the oil changes very easy. Up top filter, a few gaskets, drain the plug, add the right oil... pffft at least they made some things easy on these cars lol. I do notice some people quoted they take out the old oil from the filter area and clean it then add a tad of new oil in there. I also noticed some people dont do it or even mention it. I'm going to go ahead and be the one to actually take that old oil out also in that area. It's not hard and doesn't take much time at all.
When I picked up mine, I also did the transmission gear oil, coolant drain, and rear differential oil, all of which are just slightly more complex than an oil change. Sending it in for a walnut blast next week and plan to clean the Vanos solenoids in the next couple weeks. Probably overkill at 55k miles, but this is my 3rd car with an N54 (two 335’s) and they prefer to be babied.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #28
Afam28
User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raularango View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam28 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam28 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBOOST?? View Post
Picking it up tomorrow. What are some of the things i should do or any advice about the car would be appreciated. I will be doing mods to the ride anything i should look for in steps. I have been in the car scene since a little kid but it's my first time owning a BMW so I have been researching about the 135i. Thanks for the help in advance.
Replace the chargepipe.
What brand you recommend
Anything is better than the plastic oem one. Personally I have one from ER, but from what I've heard, most/all are a safe bet.
Ok I was wondering if you can help me out I got new brake disc and brake pads just wondering if they will fit
That number there starting with 34 is the part number. Put that string into google and add Bmw and you should be able to find it.
Ok thanks I have new a battery do I have to code it in ?
Yes...
Should I take it to bmw or ask my friend if I can borrow his scan tool
If you have the Carly app...
That should suffice...
I think there are a couple of other tools you can use...
But if you don't know how or who to go to then the dealer should suffice...
Or an indy shop, I don't think an autozone can do something like that(I could be wrong)...
Looking to get the Autel maxicom Bluetooth for 400 or 500 what scan tool you recommend
I use Carly for my bmw
Appreciate 0