BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #1
isaacsracing
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i and 328xi

Rear Eccentric bolts orientation

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I thank all of you who have accumulated knowledge on the 1-series cars.

I just recently bought a 128i 6 speed and am very pleased. Today I went over some things and found the car to be very clean and tidy, but I still noticed something perplexing about the rear camber and toe eccentric bolts.

The lobes on the bolts in my car are every which way and I'm pretty sure that they should be consistently oriented (although not necessarily the same as the alignment calls for them to rotate). I'm very used to doing alignments on other cars using eccentric bolts and the bolts can be turned around and around, but only 180 degrees of travel is meaningful because the other 180 degrees duplicates the movement of the shaft. I think the lobes should be somewhere in the 180 degrees such that the lobe is "down" and not "up." My car has lobes as follows and shown in the photos too:

Driver's side upper bolt the lobe is down
Driver's side lower bolt the lobe is up
Passenger side upper bolt the lobe is up
Passenger side lower bolt the lobe is down.

Experts: Which way do they go?

Thank you - John

Photos: (I hope these show up??) If not, I'll figure out how to add photos later.

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 09:06 PM   #2
isaacsracing
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i and 328xi

photos!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 09:34 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

They are eccentrics and their position depend on your alignment settings. They are not are going to be all in the same position.
Appreciate 0