05-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #23
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Audi TTS, '17 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJUNO78 View Post
Once the initial wave of consumers get their cars it will die down...

I rememeber reading threads about the Z4m coupe... Dealers were letting these things go for over 10k below invoice....

Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, these cars are nothing special to the average person. I even say that about my 135i, which I love dearly. The 1 series has not won over the general public, and the ///m coupe will not change that.

Any demand that does exist is artificial. If people can not see that, they need to take a few courses in economics. (With that said, I do think the 1 series M Coupe is cool as hell, and it is a true ///m car)

...Nail on the head buddy.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #24
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, these cars are nothing special to the average person. I even say that about my 135i, which I love dearly.
This is true. Coming back from lunch last week, we walked by a Dodge Caliber in "Mango Tango" (I had to look up the color name) and a co-worker mentioned it looked like that "orange BMW I was looking at" (VO 1M).

To a non-car person, they look like two similarly sized, bright orange funky little cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
I highly doubt any 1M's will be sitting around the dealer lots this year waiting for a Discount to sell.

There are 15 people with deposits down at my dealer waiting for the Two cars they are looking to get for the entire year.

Those same people are the ones that queue up in line at a traffic light in the same lane, leaving the far lane with just two or three cars in it.. Most people simply go to their local BMW store and get in line, or they have a sales person that they have worked with before etc... They aren't industrious enough to look aroiund a bit. I'll gladly admit I could have spent a day or two calling dealers looking for an allocation, but I just haven't made the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
My point is this, try buying on of these cars. I don't think they are for sale. I am saying they are pre-ordered by customers and only show up because they are in the dealers system as inventory before delivery.

I don't think you can call and buy one somewhere else like this thread implys.

If you do fine one at a dealer that isn't pre-sold it's because the dealer is trying for $5 - $10 over MSRP.
Thats not true, we called around a few days ago and found dealerships with open available allocations at MSRP ready to spec for the customer and others willing to offer nice discounts on their first allocation which is still pending. Either way none of them had waiting lists.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
My point is this, try buying on of these cars. I don't think they are for sale. I am saying they are pre-ordered by customers and only show up because they are in the dealers system as inventory before delivery.

If you do fine one at a dealer that isn't pre-sold it's because the dealer is trying for $5 - $10 over MSRP.
Maybe or maybe not at this exact moment, but give it 6 months and we'll see
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
1Mer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Those same people are the ones that queue up in line at a traffic light in the same lane, leaving the far lane with just two or three cars in it.. Most people simply go to their local BMW store and get in line, or they have a sales person that they have worked with before etc... They aren't industrious enough to look aroiund a bit. I'll gladly admit I could have spent a day or two calling dealers looking for an allocation, but I just haven't made the time.
Unlimited, but hard to get perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #29
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Not all of them. Fields BMW has a black one sitting in their show room that has not been sold. I know this because I almost bought this car a month back...and even today, it still hasn't sold. They are not marking it up, and I will be paying them a visit tomorrow just to see the car in person, as I patiently await my VO beauty.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Why would they bother with that idiocy if they could buy one from any dealer in the country that has one and just have it shipped? Nobody handcuffs your purchasing options to your geographically nearest BMW dealer do they?

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #30
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

^^^ I did forget to mention that they may have not sold it due to their unusual sketchy way of doing business though...who knows why it hasn't sold even when they claim no markup?!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #31
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

This is the GT500 fiasco all over again. Everyone was paying as much as $40K ADM over sticker to pre-order through a dealership. Then when the dust settled most dealers in my area had one or two sitting in their showrooms that were not spoken for. This then drove the price down considerable and all of those that had to be the first on the block to have one and paid those hefty ADM's immediately were so far upside down that they could have bought two for the negative equity that they had in the single car. Now, the ADM's aren't bad on the 1-Series M, but it does look like if you really want one, it can be found.
      05-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #32
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Thats not true, we called around a few days ago and found dealerships with open available allocations at MSRP ready to spec for the customer and others willing to offer nice discounts on their first allocation which is still pending. Either way none of them had waiting lists.
How about listing these dealers you contacted so we can call and place order Okay?
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
How about listing these dealers you contacted so we can call and place order Okay?
I think if you look around these threads you will see that there are a few unspoken for.
You dont have to lead a horse to the trough here. It's simple. Just call around yourself if you are serious about it. If you are stuck at one dealership then, that is all on you and might be why you may not get one.. Why put all your eggs in one basket? If you don't find what you are looking for in one dealership,then, look around. Only lazy people will place ALL their hopes in ONE dealership in the hopes to get one of these cars.
The other thing is this. This car was just officially released a couple of weeks ago. There is a BMWblog entry where you can put your name on a list and a BMW dealership will call you. We shouldnt have to do ALL the work for you man
Look around is what we're all saying. There are a few out there. Don't be NAIVE
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #34
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 View Post
This is the GT500 fiasco all over again. Everyone was paying as much as $40K ADM over sticker to pre-order through a dealership. Then when the dust settled most dealers in my area had one or two sitting in their showrooms that were not spoken for. This then drove the price down considerable and all of those that had to be the first on the block to have one and paid those hefty ADM's immediately were so far upside down that they could have bought two for the negative equity that they had in the single car. Now, the ADM's aren't bad on the 1-Series M, but it does look like if you really want one, it can be found.
Are you serious? I saw one listed for 5-6k over msrp the other day and I had to laugh...I wouldn't own one not even if it was offered to me at invoice.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #35
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

It really take a hard core BMW enthuiasist to be interested in the 1M. Others will have a lot of choices in the 45-55 K$ price range. I think 6 months from now, 1M will be selling at MSRP or 1-2 K$ less.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #36
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

I called on a couple of these listings and the cars were already pre-sold. They just popped up online because of automatic inventory software is all.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #37
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
I think if you look around these threads you will see that there are a few unspoken for.
You dont have to lead a horse to the trough here. It's simple. Just call around yourself if you are serious about it. If you are stuck at one dealership then, that is all on you and might be why you may not get one.. Why put all your eggs in one basket? If you don't find what you are looking for in one dealership,then, look around. Only lazy people will place ALL their hopes in ONE dealership in the hopes to get one of these cars.
The other thing is this. This car was just officially released a couple of weeks ago. There is a BMWblog entry where you can put your name on a list and a BMW dealership will call you. We shouldnt have to do ALL the work for you man
Look around is what we're all saying. There are a few out there. Don't be NAIVE

I have called around, Lazy people? How about the people who are actually buying an 1M and who have done their homework and know how hard these cars are to get vs people who are assuming they are just like any other 1 series and can be found anywhere.

Anyone who has been following these forums for more than a few days knows how few 1M's have made it to the US so far.

I think most of us who are waiting have checked around at other dealers.

I haven't found a single open Allocation at another dealer that the dealer isn't trying to charge over MSRP by several thousand.
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles

Last edited by Redadair; 05-13-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #38
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1995 View Post
I called on a couple of these listings and the cars were already pre-sold. They just popped up online because of automatic inventory software is all.
Imagine that, I think that is what I and others have been saying. There simply isn't 1M's sitting around the US waiting for buyers. This is a very limited edition car that is only being produced from March through December 2011. That's it folks.
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #39
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Like I said, possibly not yet because of the newness, but give it it a few months and we'll revisit this. Winning party gets the right to hound and berate the losing party mercilessly.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #40
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Imagine that, I think that is what I and others have been saying. There simply isn't 1M's sitting around the US waiting for buyers. This is a very limited edition car that is only being produced from March through December 2011. That's it folks.
When I initially looked to order the car I found over 3 dozen dealerships agreeing to 500-1k over invoice. Once I secured my order I shared those dealerships with the people here. How much luck they had, I dont know.

Now I am helping a friend get one and looking for a plan B since my dealership has yet to get an allocation. Once we have secured our two cars I will gladly share the dealerships with the people on this board.

However, this time there are only 5-6 dealers on my list and 2 have yet to get an allocation, but at least one will spec a car for MSRP right now and NONE have a waiting list. As I said, once my friend has decided what to do the other dealerships and allocations will be shared.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #41
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
When I initially looked to order the car I found over 3 dozen dealerships agreeing to 500-1k over invoice. Once I secured my order I shared those dealerships with the people here. How much luck they had, I dont know.

Now I am helping a friend get one and looking for a plan B since my dealership has yet to get an allocation. Once we have secured our two cars I will gladly share the dealerships with the people on this board.

However, this time there are only 5-6 dealers on my list and 2 have yet to get an allocation, but at least one will spec a car for MSRP right now and NONE have a waiting list. As I said, once my friend has decided what to do the other dealerships and allocations will be shared.
So you are essentially in the same boat as everyone else who has yet to get an Allocation.

From the sound of this post you should be able to choose any car you want by color and options from dealers all over the US and just have it shipped to you??

I don't think anyone needs you to find a car for them. Once the Allocations become available at the dealers we are all working with we will get our cars, but not before then.
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #42
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So you are essentially in the same boat as everyone else who has yet to get an Allocation.

From the sound of this post you should be able to choose any car you want by color and options from dealers all over the US and just have it shipped to you??

I don't think anyone needs you to find a car for them. Once the Allocations become available at the dealers we are all working with we will get our cars, but not before then.
I am waiting for an allocation at a deal closed at $500 over ED MSRP, thats under 40k base price. Like I said I can get a number of them at MSRP right now, but why would I when I have a deal done at such a great price.

Also, I want to do ED and PCD, I will not take delivery at a dealership. Nor will I ever purchase a car that wasnt spec'd by me. I dont buy off the lot, never have and never will. I would pass on a fully loaded M at a discount to get one spec'd my way at full price. I definitely do not want NAV, Id walk away and never have a 1m versus having one with NAV.

I dont settle, its my way or the highway. I know what I want and thats what I will get, or as I have stated numerous times here I will go next door and order a GT3RS 4.0
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #43
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Once the initial wave of consumers get their cars it will die down...

I rememeber reading threads about the Z4m coupe... Dealers were letting these things go for over 10k below invoice....

Regardless of what anyone wants to believe, these cars are nothing special to the average person. I even say that about my 135i, which I love dearly. The 1 series has not won over the general public, and the ///m coupe will not change that.

Any demand that does exist is artificial. If people can not see that, they need to take a few courses in economics. (With that said, I do think the 1 series M Coupe is cool as hell, and it is a true ///m car)
Wow, you are all over the place. You are in every 1M thread trying to poo poo it every chance you get. I don't get it?

I got one of those Z4Mcoupes for 10k under invoice in '07, but that is because BMW was offering $10k in trunk money. This will not happen with the 1M. First, they will not be in production beyond this year, unlike the several year run the Z4M had. Second, the Z4M was a total niche market with only 2 seats and limited practicality. Third, BMW's philosophy has changed since then. With the Z4M they thought if we built it they will come. With the 1M, production is going to be a fraction of what the already limited Z4M #'s were.
      05-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #44
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I have called around, Lazy people? How about the people who are actually buying an 1M and who have done their homework and know how hard these cars are to get vs people who are assuming they are just like any other 1 series and can be found anywhere.

Anyone who has been following these forums for more than a few days knows how few 1M's have made it to the US so far.

I think most of us who are waiting have checked around at other dealers.

I haven't found a single open Allocation at another dealer that the dealer isn't trying to charge over MSRP by several thousand.
This thread was created to say that there are some out there. As of this morning, there was one available at msrp and sold. Had you looked earlier this week, That loaded VO would be on a truck, to your driveway right now.
Sitting around in a dealership? Yes it was. Also, you still seem to forget that we are two weeks into the official release of this car. You (along with a couple others) seem to have this delusion that the "sky is falling" with regard to this 1M. Yeah, its true that lots of dealerships say they will only get a few allocations. Some only one. But you make it sound like the Apocalypse is actually going to happen in 2012 if you don’t get your 1M this very second and enjoy it - because there won’t be any available.
Since I have to do some of your homework - Here ya go (see links below). Again, remember this is only 2 weeks into the US official release of the car and there are a few at dealerships unspoken for. Don't cry wolf just yet. Plus, I've been following this forum for a few months now and I've already caught up with you. How much homework have you really done?
And I'm still on the fence between one of these and a E9x M3...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530204

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529699

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529831
Scroll down on this one, you will see an advertised price which they hav to honor
Appreciate 0