BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Ufamizm
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Miss fire then rough idle

Hey guys. Having what seems to be a unique issue. Background info (you can probably skip this part) about a week ago I was out and accelerated with 30% throttle, and the car went into limp mode and started jolting. Turned off the car and turned it back on and it was fine. Power deliver was fine, even under high boost it was fine.

Just now, I was giving it maybe 70% throttle, and the same thing happened, but it didn't stop once I restarted the car. I was getting missfire code on cylinder 1. I also got 2DEB power management network failure, and the canflap code. I tried to swap the first 2 coils, and the probably got way worse. As seen here
. I switched back the coil packs, and the problem persisted. I didn't really want to leave the car running like that long enough to check the codes. Anyone here have a similar experience, or know what it might be?

For reference, this is how it was idling before I swapped the packs

Last edited by Ufamizm; 11-20-2016 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0