BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
A $15 cable + free Pandora Radio thru iPhone makes Sirius & iPod adaptor useless...

I'm pretty happy that for S&Gs I bought a Griffin phone jack cable from Best Buy and try Pandora (free internet radio) through my iPhone. I personally like it way better than Sirius (which I have at home and in my other car). Sound quality was amazing, and you don't really need to operate anything through the iPhone. After this 'discovery', there is no way I am purchasing an iPhone adapter, nor the satelite radio.

I am amazed at how good (or rather 'not bad') our stock stereo system sounds - way better than the BOSE premium audio in my RS4 (BOSE = Buy Other Stereo Equipment)
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Also, not sure if people realize this, but the iPod adapter with the '09 iDrive is useless too because it comes with a USB port. All you have to do is download all of your music to a thumb drive and upload it into the car via the USB port in the glove box...voila! All your songs at a spin of the iDrive wheel

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0