BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-16-2022, 01:43 PM   #89
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
If Ham finally gets in that Merc simulator and doesn't like what he sees/feels, he isn't coming back. He will use the finale controversy as cover.
I completely agree with that !

Check out my post in # 68

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-16-2022, 06:50 PM   #90
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: F80. Former G82, x2 F82.

Dear racing Gods....

If Sir Lewis doesn't return, please bless the vacated seat with Alonso. Whatever it takes, make it so.
Appreciate 5
3798j5655.00
M3WC744.50
TTM0TION115.50
      01-16-2022, 07:08 PM   #91
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Dear racing Gods....

If Sir Lewis doesn't return, please bless the vacated seat with Alonso. Whatever it takes, make it so.

We are not alone....
Appreciate 1
NickyC11500.50
      01-17-2022, 03:46 AM   #92
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal

Garage List
It's probably going to be VET, he's not done yet age wise and Merc would always want a former 4 times German champ with a fake greenie belief.
Appreciate 2
NickyC11500.50
      01-17-2022, 05:09 AM   #93
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I completely agree with that !

Check out my post in # 68
Another factor that has just emerged in why HAM may not re-sign is that a Spanish source has released what is understood to be reliable info that the new RB18 is already quicker than the 16B in simulations given that gains in aero and chassis will figure chiefly this year, it's almost certain the new car will not have the high rake rear end and is par for the course for Merc that Newey is top dog in that field.
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #94
M3WC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10/F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Another factor that has just emerged in why HAM may not re-sign is that a Spanish source has released what is understood to be reliable info that the new RB18 is already quicker than the 16B in simulations given that gains in aero and chassis will figure chiefly this year, it's almost certain the new car will not have the high rake rear end and is par for the course for Merc that Newey is top dog in that field.
This is what I have been saying, if he gets in that Merc simulator and doesn't feel confident. He will give the peace sign and leave.

Another scenario I wouldn't put it past Hami doing, sitting out next season using the season finale butthurt excuse. Seeing what team or teams is dominant and then making a dramatic return 2023 signing to a different team. There was always those Ferrari rumors, they can buyout his last year of Merc contract.
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #95
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
We are not alone....
ET ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-17-2022, 05:58 PM   #96
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: F80. Former G82, x2 F82.

Quote:
It's probably going to be VET, he's not done yet age wise and Merc would always want a former 4 times German champ with a fake greenie belief.
I like Vettel too so that would be great as well, but I still want Alonso to get it if the seat opens up. One final ride.

ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE SPACE

Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-17-2022, 06:09 PM   #97
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That's a positive my friend . I heard the good news already last night .

Let's say ..Newey dind't slept , and It's the RB18 aero development and even more the floor where Newey completely nailed it with .

Meanwhile HONDA is working really hard to get more ponies from the (s@cking) E-10 fuel.

Can't wait to see it at ....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-17-2022, 07:08 PM   #98
F87source
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw M2 6mt

Quote:
That's a positive my friend . I heard the good news already last night .

Let's say ..Newey dind't slept , and It's the RB18 aero development and even more the floor where Newey completely nailed it with .

Meanwhile HONDA is working really hard to get more ponies from the (s@cking) E-10 fuel.

Can't wait to see it at ....

Love Freddie Mercury!

I am also very interested in seeing the 2022 cars, IIRC I think Aston Martin is first on Feb 10, then Ferrari one week later. I am not 100% sure though.

I wonder how the top teams will be affected due to the development restrictions, would this mean ferrari is the dark horse and potentially come out on top? The problem is IIRC Killed by Death said they were sticking with the non split turbo engine design, and that might hurt them since everyone is moving to that mercedes concept and the engines will be frozen for a few years from the start of the 2022 season.

Otherwise the predictions online really do favor ferrari and Charles in 2022, alot of people have also said RB would drop down the rankings alot due to the immense amount of resources they dumped into 2021. Personally IDK what will happen, I am just really really really interested in how these cars will develop. I really love this new concept.
      01-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #99
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Love Freddie Mercury!

I am also very interested in seeing the 2022 cars, IIRC I think Aston Martin is first on Feb 10, then Ferrari one week later. I am not 100% sure though.

I wonder how the top teams will be affected due to the development restrictions, would this mean ferrari is the dark horse and potentially come out on top? The problem is IIRC Killed by Death said they were sticking with the non split turbo engine design, and that might hurt them since everyone is moving to that mercedes concept and the engines will be frozen for a few years from the start of the 2022 season.

Otherwise the predictions online really do favor ferrari and Charles in 2022, alot of people have also said RB would drop down the rankings alot due to the immense amount of resources they dumped into 2021. Personally IDK what will happen, I am just really really really interested in how these cars will develop. I really love this new concept.
Ferrari will shake up the grid ..It's now or never for Ferrari !

With the 2022 new E-10 fuel regulations , Ferrari lost only 20HP with the 10% Ethanol .
The RB18 and the W13 lost 50/60HP with the E-10 !
That's why HONDA is working really hard to close the HP-gap with Ferrari ..
Yes I said with Ferrari !
In other words : Ferrari is the 2022 'Trojan Horse !

Last night I heard that Newey completely nailed it with the RB18's aero ,the floor is a piece of art ...
So ...The RB18 won't be slow .

You said Charlie ? Probably you mean Sainz ?

Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-17-2022, 08:50 PM   #100
F87source
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

With the 2022 new E-10 fuel regulations , Ferrari lost only 20HP with the 10% Ethanol .

Last night I heard that Newey completely nailed it with the RB18's aero ,the floor is a piece of art ...

Yeah I heard Ferrari will have a lower power drop vs. all the other teams. I guess when your engine makes alot less you lose alot less, lower boost, timing, egts etc require less octane.

No word on Mercedes and RB with their losses, but I'm sure every engine maker is going absolutely full out on their engines since it'll be locked in for a few years. I still think Mercedes will have the best engine, they literally pioneered almost every aspect of the turbo hybrid that all teams are still trying to copy: split compressor turbo, prechamber ignition allowing for 50% thermal efficiency, their neat trick with tuning the head for air flow, liquid cooled plenum etc etc. Mercedes is way too far ahead of the game when I comes to innovation and their pu, so whole they keep innovating and refining the others have to copy a design. And if you have to copy you lose the development and refinement foot race.

I also think Honda's zero architecture concept where they focus on size of the engine to optimize air flow will cost them peak power, because their heads and plenum are much smaller to meet the zero design philosophy. This will make it hard for them to copy Mercedes's liquid cooled plenum design and also when you make things smaller the degree of freedom for innovation goes down, because new additions needs space.

In regards to redbulls floor I have zero doubt Newey is working hard, but no one knows if he nailed it until winter testing and the first race. Don't forget Newey isn't flawless, redbull struggled in the double diffuser days before their huge success in 2009-2013, then they botched every car in the turbo hybrid era until the rb16b, and that's because Ferrari was caught cheating. Had Ferrari made the power legitimately redbull would only be 3rd best in the constructors in the turbo hybrid era. So don't put all your eggs into one basket until you see the results especially with how much redbull put into 2021 instead of 2022. who knows maybe Aston martin, McLaren, or Ferrari nails the regulations and Mercedes and redbull are just mid fielders. Like I said there's no guarantee.

Also just because Newey supposedly nailed the floor means nothing, because what's the benchmark? Maybe he made a perfect floor in respect to the chassis and aero of the rb18, doesn't mean he found every nuance and trick vs. the other teams. Maybe the rb18's best isn't as good as Mercedes's best or Ferraris best or McLaren's and Aston's best. Who knows. Just because they think they nailed it is meaningless until you have some benchmarks.

I didn't say Charles, literally every F1 content creator is saying Charles. I don't care who wins lol, I just want to see the cars.
      01-17-2022, 09:15 PM   #101
F87source
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Like for example BMW absolutely nailed the m2cs, it looks good, it drives amazing, great handling, great power, great chassis, full forged aluminum suspension components etc. Relative to BMW and their 1m, m3/m4 (all generations and models) the m2cs is fantastic and arguably the best ///M car ever made and perfect. But if you look at the entire auto industry and in a similar class, the gt4 and gt4rs is leagues better. Just because one car company had a brilliant idea and perfectly nailed a design concept doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be the best.

Just like the RB18B isn't guaranteed to be the best, there's a chance it's a mid field car at best. Also don't forget leaks and rumors are extremely inaccurate.
      01-18-2022, 01:59 AM   #102
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I can see a Villeneuve/Pironi situation brewing with them and nobody is going to give an inch.What they gain in PU advantage with the E10 (no wonder they kept the original turbo build) should bring them up a bit but still behind RB and Merc I gather and in-house fighting between the drivers will shed tears and lost points with crash damage.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 02:10 AM   #103
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I like Vettel too so that would be great as well, but I still want Alonso to get it if the seat opens up. One final ride.

ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE SPACE

Fernie had bad luck with that cycling smash when an idiot in a car pulled out on him and I'm glad he survived the nasty broken jaw injury requiring metal plates.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 05:21 AM   #104
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah I heard Ferrari will have a lower power drop vs. all the other teams. I guess when your engine makes alot less you lose alot less, lower boost, timing, egts etc require less octane.

No word on Mercedes and RB with their losses, but I'm sure every engine maker is going absolutely full out on their engines since it'll be locked in for a few years. I still think Mercedes will have the best engine, they literally pioneered almost every aspect of the turbo hybrid that all teams are still trying to copy: split compressor turbo, prechamber ignition allowing for 50% thermal efficiency, their neat trick with tuning the head for air flow, liquid cooled plenum etc etc. Mercedes is way too far ahead of the game when I comes to innovation and their pu, so whole they keep innovating and refining the others have to copy a design. And if you have to copy you lose the development and refinement foot race.

I also think Honda's zero architecture concept where they focus on size of the engine to optimize air flow will cost them peak power, because their heads and plenum are much smaller to meet the zero design philosophy. This will make it hard for them to copy Mercedes's liquid cooled plenum design and also when you make things smaller the degree of freedom for innovation goes down, because new additions needs space.

In regards to redbulls floor I have zero doubt Newey is working hard, but no one knows if he nailed it until winter testing and the first race. Don't forget Newey isn't flawless, redbull struggled in the double diffuser days before their huge success in 2009-2013, then they botched every car in the turbo hybrid era until the rb16b, and that's because Ferrari was caught cheating. Had Ferrari made the power legitimately redbull would only be 3rd best in the constructors in the turbo hybrid era. So don't put all your eggs into one basket until you see the results especially with how much redbull put into 2021 instead of 2022. who knows maybe Aston martin, McLaren, or Ferrari nails the regulations and Mercedes and redbull are just mid fielders. Like I said there's no guarantee.

Also just because Newey supposedly nailed the floor means nothing, because what's the benchmark? Maybe he made a perfect floor in respect to the chassis and aero of the rb18, doesn't mean he found every nuance and trick vs. the other teams. Maybe the rb18's best isn't as good as Mercedes's best or Ferraris best or McLaren's and Aston's best. Who knows. Just because they think they nailed it is meaningless until you have some benchmarks.

I didn't say Charles, literally every F1 content creator is saying Charles. I don't care who wins lol, I just want to see the cars.
Mercedes comes with the new stuff ...February 18 => https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...-2022/7385838/

And probably without HAM !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      01-18-2022, 05:24 AM   #105
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Fernie had bad luck with that cycling smash when an idiot in a car pulled out on him and I'm glad he survived the nasty broken jaw injury requiring metal plates.
Last weekend Fernie's metal plates have been removed from his face .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      01-18-2022, 05:34 AM   #106
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Last weekend Fernie's metal plates have been removed from his face .
I bet he's glad about that
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 05:38 AM   #107
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mercedes comes with the new stuff ...February 18 => https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...-2022/7385838/

Apparently the formulations and plans are the most difficult Horner explains with lots of late nights and takeaways.. The actual build of the chassis and body proceeds rather quickly then towards the test days at Barcelona and Bahrain,I remember it used to be called CAD/CAM
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 07:24 AM   #108
Killed by Death
Colonel
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
Quote:

Trojan Horse? I won't believe it till I see it.

When was the last time Ferrari went in a radical direction that worked without cheating?

Remember the Ferrari pull rod steering fiasco? That didn't go well
      01-18-2022, 12:21 PM   #109
F87source
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Idk maybe, or maybe not. Until he makes an announcement I think he's racing.
      01-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #110
rwheels
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

An article from yesterday's MSN sports section.

F1ís Abu Dhabi Grand Prix investigation could make Lewis Hamilton a winner but it will not hand him the title

"The FIA confirmed the results of this investigation would be published 48 hours before the opening grand prix of the 2022 season in March and there are many who stand to gain and some who stand to lose. Here are some potential winners and losers of the investigation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...eSd?li=BBnb7Kz
Appreciate 0