BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #23
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodz View Post
Carly is an annual subscription when I got it like 2 months ago. I think it's like $69/year now. It changed from the moment I ordered the Carly dongle till the moment it got delivered to my house and I much prefer the old method of just buying the app straight up and paying for features. Sucks
That moves me closer to learning PC based coding. At least Foxwell gives you updates for free so it will be able to do what it does until it breaks. It is a bit clumsy to update and you have to remember to check for updates, but, no big deal.
      07-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #24
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
I know about registering v coding. ( thought that was evident in the thread) I couldn't find a 90ah flooded cell battery quickly so went with the 80ah. Most Foxwell/Schwaben owners still think the tool will code.

Yea $100 isn't going to change my life, but, no one wants to spend it if not necessary - or on something more fun than battery coding.

Saving up for the Prius also.
I wonder why people like you buy a BMW?

The brand has a history of high operational cost and dismal reliability. When you buy a BMW be prepared for all sorts of horrors. If a miserable $100 can solve or ameliorate any problem, spend it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #25
gjm120
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jose View Post
I wonder why people like you buy a BMW?

The brand has a history of high operational cost and dismal reliability. When you buy a BMW be prepared for all sorts of horrors. If a miserable $100 can solve or ameliorate any problem, spend it.
I think I've explained why and what I'm doing.

When I first got on this forum there was someone who stood out as being a strident a-hole who sometimes skipped his meds.

That was something like Rooty van Tooty. Hmmmmm!
      07-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #26
gjm120
Colonel
Rep

Coded my car for the 80ah battery using NCSExpert. The coding part was pretty easy with all the tutorials on the forums and YouTube. Thanks to bNks334 for his DIY.

Getting the Std Tools suite up and running was more of a chore. It got to be one of those 'I ain't giving up' things and was actually fun.

The VO is still 90ah but I don't think that will matter unless I get any software updates done. In that case I'll just have to remember to re-code.

Since opinions were more or less divided on whether to worry about running an 80ah battery with the car coded for 90ah I'm certainly not worried about the roughly 120 miles put on the car since changing the battery.