BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2018, 04:58 AM   #1
Jready
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 116i e87 2004

Electrical problem rear wiper and windows

Hi,

I have a 116i e87 2004 with 63k
I’ve never had a problem with it until today.
So I opened the boot when we were out loaded it up, shut it and drove out the space and then the boot open symbol so I stoped open the boot and shut it again. This didn’t stop it so I repeated this a couple of times then gave up and start driving home either the warning going of knowing the boot was closed.

Then many 1/2 a mile down the road the Rev counter dropped out then went right up then the speedo started so the same ( car was running fine)
And also a constant clicking from (I’m guessing ) a relay in the glovebox.
Continuing down the road the car intermittently continued with the faults and then the front wipers started randomly going! Then stopped up. So I turned the on and off and they went back to normal.

Then by the time we got home everything but the boot warning stopped, I turn it of emptied the car then started it and when for a drive and it was okay apart from a constant clicking from the relay in the glovebox and rear wiper and windows not working

I have just checked the alternator which is 14.4volts
Now the battery was at 12.8 but did slowly drop of to 11.9
Now obviously the battery is nackered so I changed that.

I have borrowed a friends code reader reset all errors and and found the following under the JBE and JBE2 sections:
A6E3- central locking drive, rear window

A6DD- roller sun-blind/ luggage compartment cover

Under Foot well modules
A33A- transmission control unit communication fault

I have taken out the pdc from the rear to check as reading that can be a common problem.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0