BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2021, 09:44 PM   #1
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

I originally thought my USB had died under the armrest so I purchased and replaced the usb/aux module. The USB is still not receiving power and recently my mode button on the stereo no longer works. Aux works fine with my tune2air but without the usb I can control songs via the steering wheel.

Is there a place in the junction box that could be failing or a wire disconnected?!? Also my tpm system needed a new transponder front passenger which was replaced that and it's still not working. Each TPM has power and shows as battery ok. No other transponder box codes anymore after the replacement of the front pass side.

Please I'm don't want to have the tpm light on any longer and I don't want to code it out or I wouldn't have purchased the transponder box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

Just as an update.

TPM ISSUE RESOLVED. Wiring harness to the RDC broken. Anyone need a new RDC unit??? NIB

Thermostat issue RESOLVED: Small wiring harness to the thermostat damaged and fixed.

USB Intermittently working under armrest: Module going bad in the trunk, currently all wiring to the front of the car is being checked before they recommend a new module.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
Blau
J
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [6.00]
2013 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
how much for the RDS?

I haven't checked to see if it's my harness or not, but I'm having the same issue you did.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
Just as an update.

TPM ISSUE RESOLVED. Wiring harness to the RDC broken. Anyone need a new RDC unit??? NIB

Thermostat issue RESOLVED: Small wiring harness to the thermostat damaged and fixed.

USB Intermittently working under armrest: Module going bad in the trunk, currently all wiring to the front of the car is being checked before they recommend a new module.
Wiring and more wiring, wow. Just normal wear and tear? Like, things opening, or just flexing during driving? Crazy. Glad you're figuring them out.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #5
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

I was shi*tting bricks when my headunit stopped working and I got the dreaded "SOS" message. Thought I broke a optical cable somewhere which would have been a disaster. Was just the headunit turns out.

Multiple wiring issues would really scare me - Ladydragonz has the car had any kind of water damage?? Seems odd.
Appreciate 0