02-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
Eagle01
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M white

Fuel injectors Warranty extended coverage for BMW 1M

Hi all,
I hope that this information would help anyone having issues with fuel injectors or high pressure fuel pump. They are all covered by bmw for 10 years. It is not an advertised fact and not a lot of people know but bmw tends to extend warranties to the dealers for repeat issues at times. I changed all 6 of mine at 60k miles all covered at no cost for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle01 View Post
Hi all,
I hope that this information would help anyone having issues with fuel injectors or high pressure fuel pump. They are all covered by bmw for 10 years. It is not an advertised fact and not a lot of people know but bmw tends to extend warranties to the dealers for repeat issues at times. I changed all 6 of mine at 60k miles all covered at no cost for me.
Assuming you had symptoms to warrant? Can I ask what they were, if so?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Awesome! thanks for letting us know.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
I believe there is an active campaign on qualifying faulty injectors but not all are covered unfortunately. Mainly effected early N54s from what I have read.

BMW Fuel Injector warranty extension and retroactive reimbursement http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1338469
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #5
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi all,
I got an official notice of warranty extension to 10 years about a year ago. Nothing on the fuel pump, but I've always figured BMW would pay if one of these fail as long as I own the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #6
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Assuming you had symptoms to warrant? Can I ask what they were, if so?
I had the injectors replaced using this warranty on my 1M about a month or two ago. I had a couple instances of long cranks and one instance of it starting up but running poorly (likely a misfire on one of the cylinders) which cleared after shutting down and restarting. I had all 6 injectors replaced at the dealer after mentioning this extended warranty. They recommended I replace the spark plugs and change the oil due to my old, leaking injectors, so I did those two services on my own after getting the car back. Aside from the occasional start-up issues, the car ran great on the old injectors.
      02-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #7
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
I had the injectors replaced using this warranty on my 1M about a month or two ago. I had a couple instances of long cranks and one instance of it starting up but running poorly (likely a misfire on one of the cylinders) which cleared after shutting down and restarting. I had all 6 injectors replaced at the dealer after mentioning this extended warranty. They recommended I replace the spark plugs and change the oil due to my old, leaking injectors, so I did those two services on my own after getting the car back. Aside from the occasional start-up issues, the car ran great on the old injectors.
Thanks, no current issues on my car but nice to know what dealers are doing.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Hi all,
I have to revive this thread...

My hpfp failed and the car is at the dealer. Bmw is not covering the warranty repair and wants $2200.00 plus tax...

Can you pm me the recall paperwork on this item for the 1m. I never received anything from BmW directly.

Many searches have revealed that the recall only applies to cars made 2010 or earlier. Our 1m is a 2011 and I would like the car to be covered or at least partially good-willed by Bmw.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #9
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

Have you tried speaking with BMW directly?
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #10
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Quote:
Hi all,
I have to revive this thread...

My hpfp failed and the car is at the dealer. Bmw is not covering the warranty repair and wants $2200.00 plus tax...

Can you pm me the recall paperwork on this item for the 1m. I never received anything from BmW directly.

Many searches have revealed that the recall only applies to cars made 2010 or earlier. Our 1m is a 2011 and I would like the car to be covered or at least partially good-willed by Bmw.
There is no recall per se for the HPFP; but there was an outstanding service bulletin for it. Your dealer should be able to access service bulletins which will include things like revised inner fender liners, hpfp, injectors, etc.
      09-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #11
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=430408
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 05:48 AM   #12
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
There is no recall per se for the HPFP; but there was an outstanding service bulletin for it. Your dealer should be able to access service bulletins which will include things like revised inner fender liners, hpfp, injectors, etc.
Are the service bulletins specific to the 1m? Can you post?

I would obviously like this item to be covered by warrantee.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 05:49 AM   #13
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
This link tell stories me I am out of luck because my car is a 2011. I a more looking for more assistance than this...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
hunterl41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
This link tell stories me I am out of luck because my car is a 2011. I a more looking for more assistance than this...

I see you're in Canada, which from what I had found the extended warranties don't always extend beyond US cars. I have a CA 1M and had a similar issues getting injectors covered.

The best you can hope for is to find a dealer who would be willing to share some of the cost as good will work. Good luck. I'm interested to see if anyone else has better advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #15
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I had long cranks and frequent misfires, had to pay for HPFP, then had injectors replaces under warranty. I replaced all coils and plugs on my own prior with no improvement. Injectors and HPFP solved the issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #16
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I had long cranks and frequent misfires, had to pay for HPFP, then had injectors replaces under warranty. I replaced all coils and plugs on my own prior with no improvement. Injectors and HPFP solved the issue.
I am mechanically able to change the injectors myself however I am stuck to when it comes to programming the injectors.

What cable to use?
What software?
Which program?
Does the program have to have specific information about the 1m ecu?

As an update I complained to BmW Canada about the hpfp and am waiting 1-2 business days for someone to call me back... currently in a holding pattern.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #17
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Schwaben Tool can code them, probably the cheapest option. Otherwise INPA or similar.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 05:08 AM   #18
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am mechanically able to change the injectors myself however I am stuck to when it comes to programming the injectors.

What cable to use?
What software?
Which program?
Does the program have to have specific information about the 1m ecu?

As an update I complained to BmW Canada about the hpfp and am waiting 1-2 business days for someone to call me back... currently in a holding pattern.
Update:

Bmw told me that there will be no warrantee coverage, no good will, no exception....nothing.

Pay the bill to repair the fuel pump or go elsewhere.

Same response for the upcoming fuel injectors which will have to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 06:38 PM   #19
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Sucks! Sorry
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #20
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Schwaben Tool can code them, probably the cheapest option. Otherwise INPA or similar.
I see that the Schawben also is able to retract the caliber pistons for service...

This will be a valuable tool
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #21
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Update:

Bmw told me that there will be no warrantee coverage, no good will, no exception....nothing.

Pay the bill to repair the fuel pump or go elsewhere.

Same response for the upcoming fuel injectors which will have to be replaced.
I got the same response on my canadian 1M in the US. No warranty on injectors only the US ones. I would still file a claim with a canadian consumer agency because BMW has admitted in the US that they are defective. They just figure Canadian's too nice to complain.

On a different topic, I recently changed the coils on mine and I saw a tiny bit of valve cover seepage. Not enough to be critical but after having all the parts out, if I would've had the valve cover gasket on hand, I might have just done it also.
Finally, I recently bought the Schwaben BMW scan tool specifically because it said you could code the injectors. It's a very useful tool.

the one thing I haven't researched yet is which injectors are the same as original equipment. I see VDO, Bosch, and other brands. If I didn't put BMW Index 12 injectors, I would love to positively know which ones are the exact same ones as BMW's. Sorry for you hassles. Let us know what you find out as we will all be in the same boat soon.

Finally, there are several here in Toronto, you might even be able to borrow the Schwaben tool. If you were closer, i would loan you mine.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #22
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

So, if this is covered in the States, would someone please post up the letter stating the amendment to the warranty book?

Would like to keep it on file just in case!

Thanks
Appreciate 0