BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
thesampage
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i XDrive Msport

128i Error Codes

Made the terrible decision of letting Firestone replace my 10 year old battery during a brake fluid flush. After they replaced the battery it seems as if they fried the FRM module. Interior lights aren't working, windows are currently rolled down and not working and no turn signals / headlights in safe mode. Was planning on sending my module to a programmer for it to be repaired.

Today I decided to check what codes the car was throwing after finding out I could check through the instrument cluster. Would really appreciate help in understanding exactly what went wrong with the Firestone battery replacement and if repairing the FRM module will fix all the issues.

Thanks! Error codes are as follows:

CCID 167

CCID 231

CCID 354

Vehicle is a 2010 128i MT, let me know if there's any more information I could provide.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesampage View Post
Made the terrible decision of letting Firestone replace my 10 year old battery during a brake fluid flush. After they replaced the battery it seems as if they fried the FRM module. Interior lights aren't working, windows are currently rolled down and not working and no turn signals / headlights in safe mode. Was planning on sending my module to a programmer for it to be repaired.

Today I decided to check what codes the car was throwing after finding out I could check through the instrument cluster. Would really appreciate help in understanding exactly what went wrong with the Firestone battery replacement and if repairing the FRM module will fix all the issues.

Thanks! Error codes are as follows:

CCID 167

CCID 231

CCID 354

Vehicle is a 2010 128i MT, let me know if there's any more information I could provide.

Hopefully someone who knows more about fault codes will chime in, but, those don't look like BMW specific codes. You need to get the car hooked up to a BMW specific scanner or software.

FRM modules are known to be delicate. I've heard of them getting bricked simply by reconnecting the battery. BMW extended the wtty cover on the FRM modules because they died so easily. You you may be past the extended cover period, but, worth looking into.