BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #199
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Colour-matching looks good!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #200
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Calipers look good. [/IMG]

Last edited by Nugget; 03-06-2013 at 02:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #201
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #202
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Those gold calipers looks fucking amazing!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #203
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Those gold calipers looks fucking amazing!!!
Hey mate, believe it or not they looked even better in the flesh.

For those that like BBK bling, it is in fact a very nice colour and I think the kit would look sexy on a SBM vehicle, behind a black or gunmetal wheel.

Anyway it's nice to see some positive feedback, regarding the colour matching of the Nashin logo on the caliper surface.

Trust me when I tell you, it was no small feat to persuade the "powers that be" at Nashin to NOT machine the logo surface.

But as I said we now have that option and I convinced Irene and Ken to also dispense with any silly surcharge, that would have come with ticking that particular box.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #204
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

in lieu of the "Taipei Int’l Auto Parts and Accessories Show" the guys at Nashin HQ have generously reduced our buy price for the entire month of April, in an effort to further stimulate the Aus' market.

As such I have put together an assortment of BBKs at prices that are even better, than our "Time Attack" special from last year.

The price shown is in AUD and inclusive of GST, however it does NOT include shipment outside of Sydney or fitment of the kit.

N.B. The below pricing is ONLY effective for the month of April.

All orders MUST be placed and payment confirmed before the 1st of May, in order to obtain these prices that are heavily reduced over retail.

BBK #1, (19" wheel required).

Front: 380 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N7 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: $3,195.00

BBK #2, (possibly 18" wheel compatible, may require 19" wheel).

Front: 370 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: $2,945.00

BBK # 3, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: $2,795.00

BBK #4 Front ONLY, (19" wheel required).

Front: 380 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N7 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: $1,995.00

BBK # 5 Front ONLY, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: $1,545.00

For those guys that are not just after BBK bling and plan on tracking their cars, we can supply the calipers pre-loaded with Nashin's "Sport" pad.

Front & Rear kit "Sport" pad upgrade is $95.00

Front ONLY kit "Sport" pad upgrade is $55.00

Lastly the standard slotted rotor can be swapped out for a cross-drilled rotor, at the cost of $125.00 per axle.

However for track day enthusiasts I recommend the use of the standard non-drilled "Floating" rotor.

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-03-2013 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #205
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yo Justin you got a PM mate
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #206
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yo Justin you got a PM mate
Hey mate, PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #207
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Justin, check ur email plz
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #208
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Justin, check ur email plz
Hey mate,

all good, email received and responded to.

By the way you will be the first US/Canadian based customer to be running a Nashin BBK on a BMW, congratulations!

I am hoping you will provide plenty of feedback on the US forums, once the kit is installed and you have beaten on the brakes plenty.

I know you will NOT be disappointed with the BBK you have chosen, the N-Series kits are far far better than their excellent pricing would otherwise suggest.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #209
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey mate,

all good, email received and responded to.

By the way you will be the first US/Canadian based customer to be running a Nashin BBK on a BMW, congratulations!

I am hoping you will provide plenty of feedback on the US forums, once the kit is installed and you have beaten on the brakes plenty.

I know you will NOT be disappointed with the BBK you have chosen, the N-Series kits are far far better than their excellent pricing would otherwise suggest.

Cheers,

JD.
Bwahaha, I guess I am a first for a great many things. First Canadian with ICarbon front lip, hood and boot. Now Nashin BBK
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #210
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Bwahaha, I guess I am a first for a great many things. First Canadian with ICarbon front lip, hood and boot. Now Nashin BBK
That's
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #211
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yo Justin, check ur email brah!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #212
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yo Justin, check ur email brah!
Hey Mike,

you have mail brah.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #213
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I made the mistake of buying discs & pads from "Racing Brake" in the US. Destroyed the new pads & scored the discs in just one brief track session. Callipers now need rebuilding too. Absolute shit and no back up from the company. Stay away from these pricks. OEM pads and discs are waayyy better.
Perhaps I should've gone the Nashin route instead...
      05-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #214
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I made the mistake of buying discs & pads from "Racing Brake" in the US. Destroyed the new pads & scored the discs in just one brief track session. Callipers now need rebuilding too. Absolute shit and no back up from the company. Stay away from these pricks. OEM pads and discs are waayyy better.
Bad luck man. I think I saw that thread which showed all the cracking through the rotor surface...

You didn't happen to go with their caliper rebuild route by any chance with the steel pistons?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #215
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc
Do they need rebuilding even after you got the racingbrake steel stuff or the factory pistons broke?

From the cracked rotor thread i thought they were warranting it?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #216
1SER135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M SPORT 6M

I have 18" breyton gtsr in 1 series offset. They have quiet a thin spoke as they are quite a lightweight wheel. Would the 370mm front fit on these wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #217
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SER135 View Post
I have 18" breyton gtsr in 1 series offset. They have quiet a thin spoke as they are quite a lightweight wheel. Would the 370mm front fit on these wheels?
I was in the same predicament as you, albeit, with a different brand of wheel. So I thought I'd share some information that I've gleaned from my recent research.

All 18" wheels are different. If by thin you mean across the face of the wheel/spoke then that won't factor into it at all. If by thin you mean the depth of the spoke (i.e. how far into the wheel the spoke reaches towards the brake assembly) then that will factor into the equation. What will really matter though is whether the wheel's barrel clearance is sufficient enough to allow a 370-380mm BBK to clear without any issues. It is a combination of the larger rotor and the larger caliper that causes clearance issues on almost all 18" wheels. In my research, I found one brand of wheel that fits a 380mm BBK, which means, in all likelihood, it will also clear other 370mm BBKs and possibly other 380mm BBKs. If you progress, it would be good to find out what sort of success you have with your wheels.

The problem was cost - I had to consider the additional outlay for (i) new wheels (most likely to be in the vicinity of $2k, including shipping/delivery and taxes) and (ii) the larger BBK kit (an extra $500-$1000 or more). So, basically, $3k+. As much as I wanted a 370mm BBK, I resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't financially prudent to spend that extra money to get a 370mm+ BBK on my 135 and this would need to wait until a future car. Besides, $3k buys a lot of worthwhile suspension upgrades!

The only way to be certain if the Nashin 370mm BBK will fit your current (or future alternate) wheels is to use the Nashin template. I printed these out in 1:1 scale (very important!) and glued/stapled the template to thick cardboard (5mm thick, e.g. from a large box) for ease of test fitting (otherwise it will be too flimsy to do a proper test fitting) and then cut it out (using a ruler and Stanley knife) along the template lines. There are instructions related to the hub measurement - these are also very important! Also, the hub measurement is only for half the hub (i.e. from the hub centre line towards the brake assembly). I decided to extend the hub area in the opposite direction so my template had the full 72.56mm hub measuremt - this provided a more accurate and stable mounting of the template on the wheel.

Contact Justin if you need the Nashin templates - by now, he should have ALL the templates you need for various size combinations for both the G-series and N-series - courtesy of my need to exhaust all options

Also, I'm not sure if you are only considering a front kit but, before you decide, consider the OEM size difference and brake bias between front and rear, then imagine increasing your front size to 370mm (or even only 355mm) with the stock rears. I didn't want to alter the OEM ratio by too much, so my conclusion was that a front-only BBK would be a substantial, even excessive, difference. I know that other brands (including Nashin's offering through Advan) provide front-only BBKs so you just need to weigh this up for yourself. If cost was the issue, and I wanted to get a full BBK, I'd save until I could afford it. If cost wasn't an issue, I'd do the front and rear at the same time.

Hope that helps.

btw, since this is an Advan thread, I decided to not mention other brands but feel free to PM me and I can provide these to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #218
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Bad luck man. I think I saw that thread which showed all the cracking through the rotor surface...

You didn't happen to go with their caliper rebuild route by any chance with the steel pistons?
Which thread? I've been away from the forums for quite a while.
No I haven't rebuilt the calipers yet. I'll be looking into my best options there. SS pistons, aluminium pistons, replacement calipers, etc. I'll be staying away from Racing Brake regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Do they need rebuilding even after you got the racingbrake steel stuff or the factory pistons broke?

No rebuilding yet. RB have scoffed at the suggestion of any warranty support. I'll post some of my before & after pics when I get a chance.
      05-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #219
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post

No I haven't rebuilt the calipers yet. I'll be looking into my best options there. SS pistons, aluminium pistons, replacement calipers, etc. I'll be staying away from Racing Brake regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post

No rebuilding yet. RB have scoffed at the suggestion of any warranty support. I'll post some of my before & after pics when I get a chance.
Yeah - maybe in new thread? I am very interested into what happened and what it looks like now. Sorry to hear.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #220
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Other than the turner aluminium pistons I thought the Racing Brake SS piston rebuild kit was one of the only other options and arguably the better option due to steel vs aluminium. If there are other options please let me know.

I definitely understand your hesitation to go with the same company though.
Appreciate 0