BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Replacement Fuel Injectors Online Canada Purchase

Hi,

I am going to have to replace my fuel injectors shortly as part of normal wear-and-tear on the car.

Has anyone in Canada purchased the OEM replacement injectors from a reputable online source?

If so, I would be obliged if you could offer me some assistance in recommending an online retailer with reliable parts and decent customer services.

The Injectors are $550.00 at BMW and I have seen them as low as $220.00ea online, I would like to buy with confidence from an online source and not run into a situation where the parts are duds or knock off’s etc.

As an aside I am reluctant to make a purchase on Kijjiji for something like this as these are a key component to the car and I want something that lasts.

...I know the most certainty is purchasing the 6 injectors from BMW directly.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

FCP euro and ECStuning have them for $240 a piece. I do not know how shipping to Canada would work, though.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
FCP euro and ECStuning have them for $240 a piece. I do not know how shipping to Canada would work, though.
FCP Euro also offers lifetime warranty I believe. I'm not sure if they are BMW OE or OEM. I have seen some on eBay from other manufactures. If you are getting BMW OE Index 12 then all good. Otherwise we need to find out who makes BMW OE and get that Brand and grade. I'm pretty sure they can ship to Canada but it has been more expensive to ship to Canada than I ever expected. Still getting them from a reputable company is probably worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

had these covered free of charge after my warranty was over at around 70k miles----because there was a service bulletin about 'upgraded' fuel injectors. check with your dealer.

others have gotten this done too, as seen on the FB 1M Owners Society.

Last edited by 10"; 06-02-2019 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #5
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
had these covered free of charge after my warranty was over at around 70k miles----because there was a service bulletin about 'upgraded' fuel injectors. check with your dealer.

The SB that you are referring to was an American only SB, this unfortunately did not apply to Canada...

The SB also covered the HPFP in American cars however it did not cover any Canadian cars... much to my Shigrin.

I would like an online Canadian parts supplier.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #6
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
The SB that you are referring to was an American only SB, this unfortunately did not apply to Canada...

The SB also covered the HPFP in American cars however it did not cover any Canadian cars... much to my Shigrin.

that is just bizarre that BMW Canada wouldn't have those same bulletins as the US cars. sucks...
      06-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #7
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

have you contacted BMW Canada? I suggest you do so and present them with this letter (see link). Maybe the 1M was so 'limited' that they kind of looked past it during this process?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1338469
      06-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
have you contacted BMW Canada? I suggest you do so and present them with this letter (see link). Maybe the 1M was so 'limited' that they kind of looked past it during this process?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1338469
The letter indicates that the recall or the extended warrantee was for the MY2010 year... unfortunately the 1m came out in 2011 and this model year difference is what BMW canada is leaning on... I hate it.

I wanted them to cover the HPFP and they told me to take a hike!
To start up with them again with the fuel injectors would be a difficult road that will end up the same way as the HPFP....

It is a shame... but what would a 1m owner do... through the car away? lol... just fix it and move on.
Appreciate 1
10"4946.00
      06-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #9
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The letter indicates that the recall or the extended warrantee was for the MY2010 year... unfortunately the 1m came out in 2011 and this model year difference is what BMW canada is leaning on... I hate it.

I wanted them to cover the HPFP and they told me to take a hike!
To start up with them again with the fuel injectors would be a difficult road that will end up the same way as the HPFP....

It is a shame... but what would a 1m owner do... through the car away? lol... just fix it and move on.
terrible. you spoke to the dealer or directly through BMW Canada?
      06-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Quote:

Correct. Really messed up. True. BMW only acknowledges it for US. Maybe Canadians should complain. It's an acknowledged issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
terrible. you spoke to the dealer or directly through BMW Canada?
Dealer made the request to Bmw canada and Bmw canada rejected to complete under warrantee.

I spoke to Bmw canada and they told me the repair was my responsibility independent of the US DEVELOPMENTs .
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00