BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
I just wouldn't go up to someone and say "hey, I can't date you because your "blankety blank".
Who's stupid enough to even say that?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #24
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32
So I guess now if someone isn't into your particular ethnicity they might as well be participating in ethnic cleansing?

There's a difference in treating people with respect and wanting to date them. It's not "ignorance" for someone to prefer something. It's just their preference. Respect that. Some people have cultural or religious prohibitions on dating outside of their particular group. Or they may have other reasons that aren't so noble. But ironically the ignorant ones are those who automatically label someone as "ignorant" because they have different values about interracial dating than they do.

I'm married now, but I'd date any ethnicity if I was attracted to the woman. But just because you're of mixed race it doesn't mean everyone else wants their kids to be. If you can't deal with their wishes and move on w/o casting stones or implying they're some kind of klan member, look in the mirror to see the intolerant one.

Looks like you have a hard time acknowlodging someone else's point of view.

It's funny how it works in threads, you have people that are either w/ you or understand what you're trying to say and don't twist and taint it to make some point against you, or you have some people that make it personal and try to turn the situation around on you. Patehtic I say, before you call someone else ignorant perhaps you should, my freind, look in the mirror.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #25
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
I've got a ton of other girls, some of them just as if not even better looking than her
Lucky for you. I failed miserably with the last girl I thought I had a good chance with. It's not that I haven't been able to move on, it's just that there's no one else for me to move on to! Sure I could go out to a bar or nightclub, but I'm not interested in just a fling...I want something serious.

Of course, I live in a sh!t town, so that has a lot to do with it. The nearest main campus college is more than 20 miles away. And not only is the pool of single women shallow here, the gene pool is a bit shallow as well

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but even when I head out to the gym, no matter what time I go, the place is always dead. Doing things by yourself gets a little sickening after a while.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #26
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Lucky for you. I failed miserably with the last girl I thought I had a good chance with. It's not that I haven't been able to move on, it's just that there's no one else for me to move on to! Sure I could go out to a bar or nightclub, but I'm not interested in just a fling...I want something serious.

Of course, I live in a sh!t town, so that has a lot to do with it. The nearest main campus college is more than 20 miles away. And not only is the pool of single women shallow here, the gene pool is a bit shallow as well

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but even when I head out to the gym, no matter what time I go, the place is always dead. Doing things by yourself gets a little sickening after a while.

Anythign is possible bro, "just do it". That's encouragement!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #27
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Stop getting all insecure (as clearly exhibited by your posts and quick jumps to defense even though nobody is really attacking you personally).

I agree with bruce and monaco - there are just people who have preferences, and sometimes there are no lucid reasons. They don't really have to provide a reason and if their reason is that they're racist, then perhaps they are ignorant. Otherwise, stop taking everything so personally. If you're taking things personally, next time, don't be stupid enough to post a personal issue/question.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #28
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Stop getting all insecure (as clearly exhibited by your posts and quick jumps to defense even though nobody is really attacking you personally).

I agree with bruce and monaco - there are just people who have preferences, and sometimes there are no lucid reasons. They don't really have to provide a reason and if their reason is that they're racist, then perhaps they are ignorant. Otherwise, stop taking everything so personally. If you're taking things personally, next time, don't be stupid enough to post a personal issue/question.
And you would know? What's up w/ the name calling, chill dude. I was just sharing an experience, and some of you agree, others disagree, perhaps some of you dont' have people skills in using tact and diplomacy when sharing a thought or opinion? I say this because obviously some of you guys don't get it and start making these stupid and poorly thought out replies. Besides, this is the internet, and chances are I'll never see any of you in real life, so what's the point in getting upset? I just don't see any reason for hostility or sarcasm, we're just talking.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #29
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Hahah, who's upset? Chill, buddy. Have a beer, if you're old enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 09:59 PM   #30
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Hahah, who's upset? Chill, buddy. Have a beer, if you're old enough.
One beer for me, a beer for you.... in the head. LoL, goodtimes...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #31
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Yes...beer goes in the head. Where else would it go? The ass? You churlish kid!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #32
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Yes...beer goes in the head. Where else would it go? The ass? You churlish kid!
LoL, you have very poor comprehension skills my friend, or you dont' get out to bars enough, or perhaps drinking w/ your buddies?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #33
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Reread my first post in this thread.

The girl dumped you because of your personality. Period.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #34
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Please refrain from personal attacks. The Community Posting Rules (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3735) applies also to the off-topic forum. Personal attacks are not tolerated. Thanks guys. Just play nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #35
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
There's a difference in treating people with respect and wanting to date them. It's not "ignorance" for someone to prefer something. It's just their preference.

exactly.
      11-15-2005, 01:15 AM   #36
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

I think not dating someone because of their ethnicity isn't always a sign of ignorance. Different people have different prefrences.

Growing up, some of my friends called me a traitor to the Asian community because I didn't want to date an Asian guy. I've always had a thing for white guys, and just because I don't find any other guys attractive, doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Everyone has their own taste.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 01:18 AM   #37
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
like adam brody eh?
      11-15-2005, 01:21 AM   #38
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
like adam brody eh?
hahah.. we're cute together, aren't we?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 01:26 AM   #39
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nope...never been rejected due to ethnicity...at least not that I was aware of...

Part of my interest in someone...has to do with the response I get from them. Whether its looks, personality, height, weight, color, etc...I do not really investigate for a reason. If they are not interested in me...fine. I respect that...and I move on to someone else.
      11-15-2005, 01:26 AM   #40
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I come from a traditional italian family, and yes my parents would love for me to marry another italian (but most italian men are womanizers). However my mom is starting to think outside the box and just hopes the person is a supportive, loving and all around a good guy. But deep down, i think they would still trip if i brought a black guy home.

Ive never been rejected cause of my ethinicity.. actually i think men like me for my ethinicity (who doesnt want an italian girl hahah)..

My parents are the more lenient ones of the family. My aunt and uncle wont even TALK about their kids marrying someone of a diff race, and EVEN worse if the person isnt catholic. My aunt recently told me that she wouldnt support my cousin's marriage unless it was in a catholic church. So yea my aunt doesnt really like me cause im the "liberal" one in the family, and she thinks i influence her kids..
      11-15-2005, 01:29 AM   #41
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
hahah.. we're cute together, aren't we?
haha, you can have him..ill take micsha barton.
      11-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #42
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
haha, you can have him..ill take micsha barton.
ill talk to my hubby, adam, and see if i can get micsha's number for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #43
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hmm...I guess we are getting to the heart of the matter.

I think that people have various dating habits. Some only date those that are marriage potential. Others date just to get to know people and have a "good time" . Some date for companionship...and if it leads to something longterm...so be it, all the better.

Guess what I am saying...some people may reject you for your ethnicity if they have a preference for what kind of person they will ultimately be getting married to...and you may not fit that preference. It may be difficult for you to accept that...since you may not be looking at this dating arrangement as marriage potential. Just step back and think....would you be more selective on the types/qualities of the person you dated if you had to get married to them...not just "date"

Would ethnicity play any role in that?

I know that I am much less selective on dating preference vs marriage preference....but that is just me.
      11-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #44
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

I realized that I've been slightly ignorant in this matter, people are entitiled to date whoever they want to date on whatever basis they choose, if you have a preference that's your thing, do what makes you happy. In my liberal world cultural customs are just a little hard for me to understand, or to accept, but to each his or her own, it's your life. I apologize if I've said anything that has offended anyone, not my intent. W/ this I let it go...
Appreciate 0