BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
NewYorkDesigner
Rep
Drives:

Dealer's Sedona demo 135i had the Silver Aluminum Trim

I planned on equipping my 135 with it but after seeing it in person I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought it would look at least as nice as what they did with the current VW R32 but BMWs version looked more like it was slapped on without even finishing the edges. Maybe I'm a little spoiled coming from an Audi but this trim looked very much on the cheap side. Even the aluminum itself just wasn't that nice, I expected a little more from it. It did set off the black interior rather nicely but the wood-like choices makes the vehicles interior look more like a BMW than a Kia. I would be interested in what other's think.

NewYorkDesigner
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Saw the gray poplar in person and hated it! Didn't think walnut would look good with black interior so that left me with two choices. Aluminum and gloss black. I thought the gloss back might be too much black so I went with the aluminum, sight unseen. Hopefully I like it, but if not then I can always get a carbon fiber kit.

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

yeah, unfortunately the aluminum is the only sporty trim that will add some contrast to a black interior. i really didnt like it either though. but i think the carbon fiber kit is going to look bad ass on the 1er interior
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I agree about the silver aluminum int trim. I don't care for it. IMO it looks good only with the black interior. I prefer the grey poplar and gloss black int trim. I am interested in Coral red leather and I will choose between poplar or black. If I was to purchase Terra leather then I might consider the walnut trim, but I am not.

In the future I will probably replace all the int trim with CF. That looks really great and sporty.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

With Coral Red gloss black is the best choice! It gives the bets contrast between the red and the rest of the interior.

The only time I'd even consider aluminum with Coral is if the outside of the car was silver.

Dan
Appreciate 0