BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Best brand of aftermarket Bumper for 128i

So since I was able to finally get my hands on a set of the Performance Side Skirts, I'm looking at bumper options. I know I will get a rear 135i style with a lower valance.

Front bumper I'm looking at 1M or M-Tech or M-Sport if that's what it's called.

Also been looking at the Rieger Front Bumpre that's sold without PDC and Headlight Washers. The thing I like about it is it's a completely different look from all the others. A nice change, but not hugely overstated. But I can't find any reviews for what people thought about it.

Who in your opinions make the best direct fit ones with little or no modification?

Car is an Alpine White 2011 128i with fog-lamps, no headlight washers. I've seen plenty listed on the auction site that state OEM fitment.

Plan is to install everything myself, and then have the car painted so they can blend as needed. So as close to direct bolt-on is desired.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rmtt; 08-04-2019 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Unless you plan on doing widebody I'd stick with msport styling.
Rmtt8206.00
      08-05-2019, 06:00 AM   #3
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Unless you plan on doing widebody I'd stick with msport styling.
Thanks for the suggestion. No widebody plans...and the more I look at the 1M bumper...the more it looks like it just doesn't fit with the 128i. It's really "busy" so to speak. But that is my opinion.

I did see the Performance Aero bumper kit that was an option for this car with the side-skirts that I have. That one looks really good, but I bet it would be as hard to find as the sideskirts!
      08-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. No widebody plans...and the more I look at the 1M bumper...the more it looks like it just doesn't fit with the 128i. It's really "busy" so to speak. But that is my opinion.

I did see the Performance Aero bumper kit that was an option for this car with the side-skirts that I have. That one looks really good, but I bet it would be as hard to find as the sideskirts!
I really like the tii/perf kit. Gonna be brutal to find one though.
Rmtt8206.00
      08-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
So since I was able to finally get my hands on a set of the Performance Side Skirts, I'm looking at bumper options. I know I will get a rear 135i style with a lower valance.

Front bumper I'm looking at 1M or M-Tech or M-Sport if that's what it's called.

Also been looking at the Rieger Front Bumpre that's sold without PDC and Headlight Washers. The thing I like about it is it's a completely different look from all the others. A nice change, but not hugely overstated. But I can't find any reviews for what people thought about it.

Who in your opinions make the best direct fit ones with little or no modification?

Car is an Alpine White 2011 128i with fog-lamps, no headlight washers. I've seen plenty listed on the auction site that state OEM fitment.

Plan is to install everything myself, and then have the car painted so they can blend as needed. So as close to direct bolt-on is desired.

Thanks!
I'm actually planning on doing this too with the PDC conversion from Bimmertech and a Scopione diffuser. I was gonna go OEM for the bumper as it could be found on the internet for cheap if you look hard enough. What I wanna know is if any additional parts aside from that are needed or is the M Sport bumper plug and play (sort to speak!)

Now this is for the rear.. I plan to keep the front the same for now.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 04:45 AM   #6
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
I'm actually planning on doing this too with the PDC conversion from Bimmertech and a Scopione diffuser. I was gonna go OEM for the bumper as it could be found on the internet for cheap if you look hard enough. What I wanna know is if any additional parts aside from that are needed or is the M Sport bumper plug and play (sort to speak!)

From what I understand...the M-Sport bumper is a direct fit and you can get versions with fog lights and everything made from OEM materials.

Just stay away from FRP or Fiberglass products as they are not flexible and prone to cracking. I believe our cars OEM parts are Polypropylene.
      09-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

From what I understand...the M-Sport bumper is a direct fit and you can get versions with fog lights and everything made from OEM materials.

Just stay away from FRP or Fiberglass products as they are not flexible and prone to cracking. I believe our cars OEM parts are Polypropylene.
yeah I plan to stick to OEM parts for body panels based on this known fact

so many things to change, so little time! did you get around to the MILVs?
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 12:39 AM   #8
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah I plan to stick to OEM parts for body panels based on this known fact

so many things to change, so little time! did you get around to the MILVs?

I got the tune waiting. I scheduled the 2nd week of October off of work tio do the milvs, tune, oil change, and coolant flush.

I needed to burn up some time, plus hoping it's a little cooler weather to work in.
      04-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #9
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What front bumper did you end up with good sir?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #10
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What front bumper did you end up with good sir?
Nothing yet. Most of my posts have been in Off Topic.

But my dad got sick, and I spent the about 6 weeks with him in the hospital and rehab.

He's now on dialysis 3X a week. My mom is disabled, so I have been basically helping them as much as I can such as grocery shopping, etc.

And now with this Virus, I can't have either of them out of their house as they have various health issues.

So no time for any mods lately. I still have those side-skirts waiting for me to get a front and rear bumper so I can paint everything at once.

You doing okay? I've been keeping up with some of the stuff you are doing.