BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #23
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
I'm hoping that everyone who is tracking or autocrosing their cars are performing basic inspections before endangering themselves and others. I've only witnessed one lost wheel due to improper lug nut/bolt torquing and hope to never witness another one.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

OK, so I feel like a bit of an idiot!

Put the car into the local BMW dealer and explained the situation, initially thought that it would be the front wishbones/rear ball joints and thus told them this is what I thought. Car was diagnosed with warped discs all round. The discs did come to my mind due to the wobbling steering but since they were brand new in April & only seen 5k miles max I would of never had thought! They were all blue in colour and completely wrecked.

Glad to say that it's all sorted now, haha. I'll properly bed these new discs/pads in before heading to the nurburgring or a trackday. Learn from your mistakes and all that, oops.
      08-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Glad to hear it has resolved the vibration issues, Ian.
However, lower threshold ABS could in itself be inconvenient/ detrimental on track.
I wonder if this may be a feature of track pads, because one dealership representative did try to attribute my vibration to Pagids. (It has not been mentioned by other competitors on this forum as such an issue.)
Appreciate 0