BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-16-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
mdk135i
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Installed CarNaviPlayer Android Double Din

Amazing!

$488 shipped with CarPlay dongle (messed up because apparently they offer a wireless carplay option I didnt see. That would be amazing!). Ordered on Thursday, arrived on Monday.

Install was simple. 10 minutes to remove hvac and stock radio. 10 min to install new unit. All plug and play. About 90 minutes figuring out system settings, customization, and personal preferences with brightness/EQ etc.

Factory Settings password is 318 on my unit.

Overall the quality is superb. Fit and finish is great. Boot time is about 10 seconds from the time I turn on the car. BMW logo is displayed during that time.

Here are a few pics. The HVAC is not fully clipped in yet since I need to figure out where to route my USB ports. I have a feeling once I clip the new HVAC trim in place it will not come back out without breaking the clips. Once clipped in the HVAC will sit flush and look stock. The test fit was perfect.

Appreciate 0