BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Canadian 1ers with Navigation - Live Traffic

I have been trying to figure out if my car was coded incorrectly by my local dealer at PDI, or if we are not supposed to have this feature.

Long story, did an EU delivery of car, so car was picked up at factory in Germany with EU maps loaded, which meant several features were not working there. When car arrived here, they did not update my maps to North America like they were supposed to. Had to go back, they updated the maps, but then it always showed locked on startup. Went back again, and not sure what they did, but I no longer need a code to update my maps?!?

Fast forward to today. Was browsing my owners manual, and noticed they mention "live traffic" is a feature and how to turn it on/off.

Uh, WTF? I have never seen this, or the option to do so.

I know talked to several in the US and they have this option.

My question is, does anyone with a Canadian car have live traffic? I know the service is available here in Ottawa, it broadcasts over radio frequencies.

Is this yet another option my local dealer F'd up?

If it is not an option in Canada, anybody know who can code it on?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
DaveXRS
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-pack

As far as I know it does not work for us. I have looked for hours on google and never found the on/off options (there isn't so many menus in the idrive to start with).

I even researched which radio stations would allow this in the Montreal area (hoping this would unlock an option) but even then the option did not show up.

I bought the car in Ottawa though; might be an Ottawa issue
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveXRS View Post
As far as I know it does not work for us. I have looked for hours on google and never found the on/off options (there isn't so many menus in the idrive to start with).

I even researched which radio stations would allow this in the Montreal area (hoping this would unlock an option) but even then the option did not show up.

I bought the car in Ottawa though; might be an Ottawa issue

It is explained in the owners manual how to turn it on/off, except there is no check box where it should be.

Anyone else? Guess they disabled this feature for Canada? Hmm, maybe just need to find a coder to turn it on.
Appreciate 0