BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-25-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
pattielipp
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i & MR-S

WTB 128i MT with Sport/M-Sport

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
It's been a couple of years since i've been in a 1er, and i've hated almost every second of it.

A little over three years ago now I had to get rid of my Crimson Red/Black 2008 135i. There are a few pictures of it from early on in my ownership floating around the forum. The reason of leaving was because of the kid on the way. Now i'm two kids deep, I purchased the wife an SUV about a year ago and the kids ride in my car about once every two months. I purchased a new(at the time) Mazda 3 sport(Read base model) for practicality and four doors. I've hated the car almost every day. The most enjoyable part is that I got a 6 speed, so I guess there's that...

Anyways, we're moving south to the Charleston area in a year, and in that time we're reassessing our finances, blah blah blah. Basically, we're going to be selling/trading in my Mazda3 next month and i'm getting something more enjoyable for me, while getting rid of (most of) the car payment.

So, here I am.
I'd like to spec a 128 as close to my 135 as I can. I know M-sport 128's are uncommon, and on regular car sites(Carmax, cars.com, etc) seem to be as rare as unicorns, so i'm trying to be realistic. I've been out of the game for some time and don't remember all that comes with each package, but my primary concern is the mileage and the seats. I have zero interest in the base 128i seats.. I'm sure others can relate. Mileage, I would like to be around the 50-70K mark.

Looking for:
128i
Location - Maryland but will travel within a 4-5 hour drive(100-200 range) DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania.
Year - Any
Mileage - 60K-70K
exterior color - Any
Interior color- Any, but bonus points on any color other than black.
Package - Preferable M-Sport but sport will do.
Mods - I would prefer none, but will consider tasteful and well done mods.

My budget will be max 12K

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
Thunderguts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Try this: get the Carmax app and set up a saved search. I'm not positive this is still a feature, but it was when I used it. As soon as one is listed you'll get a text. They do pop on up Carmax, but you'll rarely see them because someone has already bought it. You could be that someone!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Gweeper64
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i N51 6mt M-Sport

I realize this thread is a month old. Hope you maybe found something by now. When I was searching/shopping, I found Cargurus.com to have really good search functionality. Also, autotempest.com will search multiple sites at once. Good luck in your quest.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
cleansend
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

Hey don't know if you're still looking but I have a beautiful 128i with service records up for sale. https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...1#post24743281
Appreciate 0