BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2022, 05:59 PM   #1
RaddDroid7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

StageFP or Active Autowerke ?

The time has come felllas now I just need to make that crucial decision?

SFP or AA?

I've never tuned a car so I don't know how in depth it goes but it seems like they both produce the same results. Just one is more expensive with more tuning options?

Idk if this will help but currently my car has a resonator delete , replaced OEM with a Borla XS muffler, K&N drop in filter with charcoal delete , Silicone intake boot and that's about it for engine/exhaust mods. I don't really care for burbles because I still have my cats but it would be cool for some pops and bangs every now & then. The main objective is to take advantage of the 3 stage manifold already installed.

Opinions & Suggestions wanted !

Salute
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 08:54 PM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaddDroid7 View Post
The time has come felllas now I just need to make that crucial decision?

SFP or AA?

I've never tuned a car so I don't know how in depth it goes but it seems like they both produce the same results. Just one is more expensive with more tuning options?

Idk if this will help but currently my car has a resonator delete , replaced OEM with a Borla XS muffler, K&N drop in filter with charcoal delete , Silicone intake boot and that's about it for engine/exhaust mods. I don't really care for burbles because I still have my cats but it would be cool for some pops and bangs every now & then. The main objective is to take advantage of the 3 stage manifold already installed.

Opinions & Suggestions wanted !

Salute
I think you'll get a more customized experience with StageFP. Active is probably going to give you an off the shelf tune. I've had the StageFP tune for the 3 stage Intake Manifold on my 128i for a few years and it's smooth, pulls well, no issues.
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2022, 10:48 PM   #3
wootloops
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Lime Rock Park

Bob @ StageFP has the best track record for N52/N51 tunes in North America. He also knows how to tune less common setups such as N54 intake manifold, MILVS, supercharger, etc.

I just paid them for a tune for my car... but they ran out of flashing cables to send out. They can't / won't use a standard off the shelf cable or my ICOM so I'm in a holding pattern until who knows when. They didn't give me any kind of ETA. Not sure if that means it's weeks or a month or longer.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2022, 10:38 AM   #4
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

I had AA for years and found the tune to have no issues even after upgrading to headers. They even have a milv tune. But I never really felt much benefit of them. Which was odd since people reported huge gains with them
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 11:37 AM   #5
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

StageFP no question
      03-02-2022, 06:56 PM   #6
NA64LIFE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 128i Msport

Very happy Stage FP customer. Been running their tune for 2 years w/o any problems and great support from Bob.
Appreciate 1