BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Should I let the dealer prep my new 135i?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if I should let the dealer prep/detail my 135i when it comes in. I have read some other posts and some recommend to not let the dealer do anything, and do it yourself or have it done professionally. I just dont want the dealer to leave any swirl marks etc.

I am planning to have a clear bra put on the car if that matters at all.

Also, I wanted to start detailing myself (I've been trying to read on technique and products, but there is SO much info its overwhelming), but is it risky starting off on a brand new car?

Thanks,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

If you know people that have bought cars at that dealership before, ask them. Most dealers know how to properly deliver a car.

My dealer delivered my Jet Black 325Ci. And JB shows everything. It looked perfect. I have no worries when my 1er finally arrives.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
roadburn
rrroadburn
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

A good BMW dealership will deliver you a good BMW -- in perfect condition. With its upscale clientele, it would be business suicide to do otherwise.

CXXXVi
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
SL01
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadburn View Post
A good BMW dealership will deliver you a good BMW -- in perfect condition. With its upscale clientele, it would be business suicide to do otherwise.
This was my assumption about Fields in Orlando. This was not a good assumption. IF I buy another BMW from them (and this is a big IF), they will be told not to prep it.

cdub, if you want perfect paint, ask for a tour of their prep area. If they're using a cloth automatic car wash, go the DIY route - lots of info on the web and here on how. DIY is a lot easier when you're not trying to fix a problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Thanks guys, alot of good info here. Its good to get feedback so I know the pros/ cons of having the dealer prep the car. I'm not sure if its been posted here, but here's a link suggesting why/how to prep the car yourself. There is a lot of good info.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41760

Chris
Appreciate 0