BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
jvb6806
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Lean code Bank 2 after harness "repair"

About a week ago I left my car outside for one night and the next morning when I started the car I was throwing codes for o2 sensors on both banks. I don't remember which sensor the codes were for which leads to my question.

I popped my hood to discover this...

My first call was the state farm, and the 2nd was to the dealer. I dropped the car off and the adjuster approved replacement of the main engine harness and o2 sensor wiring repair. I asked about the repair of the o2 wiring harness and asked why they repaired the wiring in a resistance circuit and what I should do if/when I throw a lean code on that bank. The service manager told me to call SF and then call them back.

While driving this afternoon I threw a lean code for Bank2. So my question to you guys is does anyone know off hand if the connector on the right hand side of that picture is for B2S1 on the N51? The only picture I can find in my service information of these connectors does not label them. This picture is from the fuel rail removal procedure.

If pull the connector numbers off of the wiring diagram and search that way I come up with these locations.

Those locations don't seem to jive with my initial codes from the rodent issue. So long story short... can anyone verify what these connectors go to? I've clicked on about 50 different connector location pictures and have not been able to find those plugs with a label. The wires disappear under the cowl so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by jvb6806; 03-18-2016 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0