BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
thataverageguymike
Rep
Drives: 2009 E82 128i

Best N51 Tune?

Hey everyone, I'm finally getting into some performance mods on my N51 after getting new wheels/tires and sorting out a couple leaks.

My question is: what's the best tune available right now for the available bolt ons? I've been following this board for the last couple years I've had this car and have seen people with the AA Tune paired with their headers, then BPC because they had a MILV tune, and now I'm seeing people talking about StageFP. Out of the available choices which is the best? Also, is it better to tune now and then do a couple bolt-ons, and then re-tune for those, or can you tune with those options and not have to do more tuning later? How do they all compare in cost?

Having the N51 I already have the 3 stage manifold that needs to be taken into consideration, and as well I will eventually be moving to catless AA headers and possibly MILVs down the road. Even without those mods I would want a tune to add some low-end torque and take advantage of the manifold. No other mods have been done to the engine save swapping out the airbox to a Euro unit with the round K&N filter. What are my options? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

The guy that was at BPC is now at his own place....Stage-FP. Since you already have the 3SI....have him tune for that The first time will be the most expensive as it includes cable and software.

Then later, he will upgrade the tune for headers and MILVS together, or separately depending on how you do the mods for a minimum fee.