BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
DIY: Adjust automatic headlight sensitivity

135i automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment via the BC menu

Auto headlight sensitivity isn't available via iDrive nor is it available via coding directly. It can be changed in the BC menu options however. There are three sensitivity levels available, seen in the menu as one dot, two dots or three dots. One is the least sensitive & needing lower light levels to turn on and faster to turn off, three is the quickest to turn on. Mine was on three and would turn on even in shade in the mid afternoon, and didn't want to turn off even in direct sunlight. I changed it to one dot and it behaves perfectly now.

You access the BC menu using the turn signal stalk which has a BC button and a up/down toggle. Flip the toggle up or down until you see the key symbol with the check mark, then press the BC button to activate the menu.

There are several interesting options available here like the number of blinks with a light tap on the turn signal, but in this case we want the headlight sensitivity. On my 135 this was the last item in the menu n had an A with a headlight icon- see attached image. Once found using the toggle, press the BC button to enter the setting, then change by using the toggle. Once you've highlighted you're preferred option press the BC button again to set.

If you don't see the option for headlight sensitivity you may need to enable the option in KOMBI by changing the following five items to aktiv. Coding changes are beyond the scope of this DIY, and would involve NCSExpert and, if you want, also NCSDummy.

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv

Attached Images

X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg

Last edited by 1and1; 04-25-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
Matticus913474.50
tock172581.50
      04-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #2
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
Juggernaut135i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Stage 2

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
135i automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment via the BC menu

Auto headlight sensitivity isn't available via iDrive nor is it available via coding directly. It can be changed in the BC menu options however. There are three sensitivity levels available, seen in the menu as one dot, two dots or three dots. One is the least sensitive & needing lower light levels to turn on and faster to turn off, three is the quickest to turn on. Mine was on three and would turn on even in shade in the mid afternoon, and didn't want to turn off even in direct sunlight. I changed it to one dot and it behaves perfectly now.

You access the BC menu using the turn signal stalk which has a BC button and a up/down toggle. Flip the toggle up or down until you see the key symbol with the check mark, then press the BC button to activate the menu.

There are several interesting options available here like the number of blinks with a light tap on the turn signal, but in this case we want the headlight sensitivity. On my 135 this was the last item in the menu n had an A with a headlight icon- see attached image. Once found using the toggle, press the BC button to enter the setting, then change by using the toggle. Once you've highlighted you're preferred option press the BC button again to set.

If you don't see the option for headlight sensitivity you may need to enable the option in KOMBI by changing the following five items to aktiv. Coding changes are beyond the scope of this DIY, and would involve NCSExpert and, if you want, also NCSDummy.

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv

Do you know what all the other options are?
BC Racing coilovers
M3 control arms
Appreciate 0