BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
WillieWonka
Registered
Rep
Drives:

BMW M2 Coupe Anyone??

I'd sell my soul for the BMW M2 Coupe if it ends up looking anything like this! But first we gotta get this car in coupe form :biggrin:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well BMW did trademark the M associated names (both M1 and M2), so you never know what they have up their sleaves.....

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Thistle
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Damn I hope the 1-series coupe looks like that!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Ok that's for me.
Or should I say the GF, the mini gets the garage so this will need to be the next car.
Roll on BMW Aust.
PLEASE!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka
I'd sell my soul for the M1 Coupe if it ends up looking anything like this! But first we gotta get this car in coupe form :biggrin:
I too would sell my soul for this car. It is interesting to note that Huckfeld's "impressions" are usually very close to real
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

If this car came out, I promise you I would buy it within a month of it being sold in the states......... don't make us wait BMW there is a market here

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfreak
If this car came out, I promise you I would buy it within a month of it being sold in the states......... don't make us wait BMW there is a market here

Have you heard the "2 years of more" news yet? It is sickening to me . Though we have seen prototypes running around the streets so I am a little cautious of what I believe. Can it honestly take 2 years to further develop a car that is already a running prototype?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX
Have you heard the "2 years of more" news yet? It is sickening to me . Though we have seen prototypes running around the streets so I am a little cautious of what I believe. Can it honestly take 2 years to further develop a car that is already a running prototype?

Yea I have heard that, basicly there are alot of rumors running around and you are absoltuly 100% correct, it doesn't take that long to develop the car, especially one that is based on the current 1-series. I think BMW is playing games and is just unsure of what to do with the car at this moment, maybee BMW usa is waiting to see the results of sales of the A3 for another year or to see if benz is planning a replacement for its c230k (hatchback). WHo really knows, but I believe BMW has the car ready and is trying to wait for the right time in the marketplace to attack.. I certainly hope its not 2 years from now, but it will not be this year as the e92 3-series coupe is coming out which will have bmws attention this summer.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #9
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Yea I have heard that, basicly there are alot of rumors running around and you are absoltuly 100% correct, it doesn't take that long to develop the car, especially one that is based on the current 1-series. I think BMW is playing games and is just unsure of what to do with the car at this moment, maybee BMW usa is waiting to see the results of sales of the A3 for another year or to see if benz is planning a replacement for its c230k (hatchback). WHo really knows, but I believe BMW has the car ready and is trying to wait for the right time in the marketplace to attack.. I certainly hope its not 2 years from now, but it will not be this year as the e92 3-series coupe is coming out which will have bmws attention this summer.
Maybe the coupe will be next summers big launch :iono:? I guess no one really knows for sure. What is really sad though is the fact that I have been following the rumours and talk of this car's launch for some 18 months now....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #10
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX
Maybe the coupe will be next summers big launch :iono:? I guess no one really knows for sure. What is really sad though is the fact that I have been following the rumours and talk of this car's launch for some 18 months now....

Same thing here I'm starting to feel abused.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #11
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

I'd give up my left ... for the car above. Just keep the weight down!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver
BMW, are you listening???:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #13
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

I'm not a big fan of the current 1 series look but I have to say that coupe looks amazing, I would definedly buy it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
Galligan
Private
Rep
Drives:

At this point I'll just take a regular 1-series coupe!! Waiting for the M version would absolutely kill me. I'm hoping that the coupe comes, I drive it for 1-2 years and then trade in for an M version eventually. Hopefully the depreciation on these cars are as good as other bmw's.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
Galligan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver
Couldnt agree more! They need to make this the modern reincarnation of the E30. If they do this thing is gonna be a runaway seller in the US
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #16
works8
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Bring it on! The coupe looks awesum!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

btw, are there any spypics of the coupe out there?
I've seen a pic where the coupe is testing in cold conditions but that pic is pretty old. Are they just testing with the cabrio and going to make a coupe just by changing the roof
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #18
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Garage List
2001 Ducati 750 Sport  [0.00]
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Unless he's playing word games, it doesn't look like we'll me getting an M::frown:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...ely/#more-2916
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #19
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyhoov
Unless he's playing word games, it doesn't look like we'll me getting an M::frown:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...ely/#more-2916
BMW pretty much says one thing, then says the complete opposite about 2-3 months later. They've been doing it so often over the last 2 years since Panke took over, that I'm now convinced its a purposeful strategy to keep the competition confused about whats going on at BMW. But the sad part is as consumers, we can never be sure of whats coming from BMW from their official statements, we will only know whats coming out from pictures of test mules around the nurburgring. If you see a test mule of a certain car, then it is coming out. I've been following these BMW press statements like a hawk for the last 3-5 years and I can tell you for sure they contradict themselves quite often. My favorite is BMW's M-chief right now, this guy just talks complete non-sense sometimes.. I think its on purpose like I said tho, because no company can be that indecisive.

About 2 years ago Ulrich said "there will never be an M version of the Z4", he said it was an absolute impossibility sincethe Z4 was built from the ground up to be a top level roadster, which would elimate the need for an ///M version of it. Lol well guess what car is rolling out of BMW showrooms as we speak.. the M-Z4 roadster. Basicly, ignore the statements cause they are misinformation.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #20
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Quote:
BMW pretty much says one thing, then says the complete opposite about 2-3 months later. They've been doing it so often over the last 2 years since Panke took over, that I'm now convinced its a purposeful strategy to keep the competition confused about whats going on at BMW. But the sad part is as consumers, we can never be sure of whats coming from BMW from their official statements, we will only know whats coming out from pictures of test mules around the nurburgring. If you see a test mule of a certain car, then it is coming out. I've been following these BMW press statements like a hawk for the last 3-5 years and I can tell you for sure they contradict themselves quite often. My favorite is BMW's M-chief right now, this guy just talks complete non-sense sometimes.. I think its on purpose like I said tho, because no company can be that indecisive.

About 2 years ago Ulrich said "there will never be an M version of the Z4", he said it was an absolute impossibility sincethe Z4 was built from the ground up to be a top level roadster, which would elimate the need for an ///M version of it. Lol well guess what car is rolling out of BMW showrooms as we speak.. the M-Z4 roadster. Basicly, ignore the statements cause they are misinformation.
That makes sense. I'm sure a big part of it is they don't want people to say: "Hey, I really like car X . . . but I'll wait for the M version."

Not only would they lose the immediate sale in that case, but the person may change their mind and get something from a different manufacturer.

In any case, we probably have no real hope of them saying: "Ta-da! Here is the 2 series! Would you like the 225, 230 or M2?"

That might make it difficult for me to decide what to do. I'll probably take the first thing that's a 230 or better.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #21
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

With the new M3 supposedly moving slightly upmarket, I think BMW needs to have an M version of the 1 or 2-series. Basically the only thing in a lower market and price range of the new M3 will be the Z4 M-roadster and coupe. I think BMW needs a more bread and butter ///M car. Or is this just my own personal wishful thinking
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #22
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan
With the new M3 supposedly moving slightly upmarket, I think BMW needs to have an M version of the 1 or 2-series. Basically the only thing in a lower market and price range of the new M3 will be the Z4 M-roadster and coupe. I think BMW needs a more bread and butter ///M car. Or is this just my own personal wishful thinking
I think it may be less what BMW needs and more what the 1 - 2 series needs. I think it would make sense to have an ///M version if for no other than to make the statement: "This ain't no econo-box!"
Appreciate 0