BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2021, 01:24 AM   #1
huzaifa
huzaifa
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I've been having this sound from my car and here's some observations I've taken and a sound clip I've attached. I have not been able for the life of me to get any idea on what it could be so any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Observations on grinding/chattering/rattling sound:
- Car is 2012 135i 6MT with 77k KM
- Happens in any gear or neutral and even with clutch in
- Around center console or drivers area
- Possibly under car
- Can very very slightly feel the loudest of the grinding sounds through the shifter while holding it, in neutral or gear as long as I'm moving at speed
- Happens consistently regardless of bumps, bumps might even reduce the sound
- Can only hear it with windows all the way up and closed, radio off and no speaking
- Sound is either on or off doesn't matter what speed, anything above 40kmph all the way to 130kmph
- Update: I've figured out how to replicate the sound while not moving, if I sit in neutral with the car on I can hear the sound if I hold it at the engagement point, I did do a cdv delete could it be anything to do with that?

Here is an attached sound clip, thanks!

Appreciate 0