BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-07-2021, 01:24 AM   #1
john_worry
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i 2010

Angry bmw n54 2010 135i spark plug help

hey guys new to the n54 scene i was getting misfires everytime i did a pull my car would shake dramatically and my engine light would turn on but when i turn my car off and back on it would go away I decided to change my spark plugs to the bosch zr5tpp33 one step colders because im currently running jb4 and i drive the car a little aggressive (lol) as i pulled the spark plugs out they were covered in petrol. ever since i changed the spark plugs my car has gotten worse even if i try put my foot down a little the car shakes and engine light comes on even worse then before. I have gapped them .022 as ive seen recommended. My question is are these spark plugs correct for my car and also are the spark plugs the problem or is it my ignition coil or my fuel injectors. Also my jb4 isnt throwing any codes at me. Thanks

Last edited by john_worry; 11-07-2021 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_worry View Post
hey guys new to the n54 scene i was getting misfires everytime i did a pull my car would shake dramatically and my engine light would turn on but when i turn my car off and back on it would go away I decided to change my spark plugs to the bosch zr5tpp33 one step colders because im currently running jb4 and i drive the car a little aggressive (lol) as i pulled the spark plugs out they were covered in petrol. ever since i changed the spark plugs my car has gotten worse even if i try put my foot down a little the car shakes and engine light comes on even worse then before. I have gapped them .022 as ive seen recommended. My question is are these spark plugs correct for my car and also are the spark plugs the problem or is it my ignition coil or my fuel injectors. Also my jb4 isnt throwing any codes at me. Thanks
If they smell like gas your injectors are leaking. Scan the codes find out which cylinders are misfiring and go from there. Its a fair assumption that buying one of these cars id think about, new injectors, coils and plugs right away anyway. Throw in a water pump and a few gaskets and your should be good to go.
1 step colder are fine for your car
Appreciate 0