BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Dex21
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 N47

Question Need Help, N47 Engine, Possible Injector Issues

Hi
I have recently bought a 2011 118D E82 with an N47D20C engine and the engine has some issues.
When I go to start the car the engine struggles to turn on and when it sparks to life the engine rattles and shakes like crazy and runs extremely rough with white smoke coming out the exhaust (pretty sure it's unburnt diesel) and not long after the engine just dies. I replaced the injectors with some 2nd hand ones I bought however it had the same issue so I sent back those injectors.
I have opened and cleaned out all the inejctoer but it's made no difference. I checked the statistics using the Bimmer-tool app with a K+dcan cable and OTG adapter and when I look at the injector section it read -

Injector 1 = +6.01 mg/stk
Injector 2 = -6.00 mg/stk
Injector 3 = +6.01 mg/stk
Injector 4 = -6.00 mg/stk

I don't know what these numbers should be if someone could clarify I would be grateful.
Also using the app I checked the high-pressure fuel pump and that seems to be working fine so I'm not too sure if its something within the computers programming that is messed up or its the injectors because before the engine did start up and stay at idle but really rough and with loads of smoke but since I cleared the fault codes using an OBD2 reader the car basically just starts and sounds like hell and dies after around 10 seconds or less.

If someone knows what is wrong and can explain it to me I would be more than grateful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Try posting again in Regional Forums, UK.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Dex21
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 N47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Try posting again in Regional Forums, UK.
Thanks, i will do, I'm new to forums so wasn't really sure where to exactly post
Appreciate 0