04-19-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
E30ROB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport AW3

Garage List
N52 comeback - E36 WTCC

Hello, some of you might remember the 128i 1M clone I was building. The car started as a 2010 128i six speed slick top stripper. First I tackled the braking and chassis setup such as control arms, LSD, BBK, coilovers. Then I focused on making power. Bob from BPC (now owns Stage FP) and myself managed to make 248whp on 91 pump gas and 252whp on full E85. We achieved this by using the N54 intake manifold, S65 fuel injectors, AA headers, stock airbox with metal elbow and K&N drop in filter, and a custom tune from Bob.

Unfortunately I lost the car in a small accident. It could have been fixed but I wanted a perfect car, so I decided to part the car out. Now that I have finally sold off the last bits, I am planning the next step for the engine for an increase in power.

I plan to swap this engine and six speed into an E36 Sedan which will be a WTCC tribute build.

The plan for the engine is quite simple. I will utilize S54 ITB's and mount them directly to the head (idea from Brunswick racing). For the fuel rail I will have machined pieces made by local machinist to block the injector ports on the ITB's because I plan to use the factory injector ports in the head. I will use a CSL fuel rail to house the MAP sensor and run the PCV system. Lastly for the intake I will port match the head and use a CSL carbon airbox. With the addition of MILV's, N54 uprated valve springs, and a VAC harmonic dampener, hopefully we can hit 300whp without cracking open the engine and rev to 8k +

It will be light, efficient, make good power, and easy to repair because of a simplistic design.

I have yet to decide if we will use a drive-by wire for the ITB's or continue to use the valvetronic. There is a chance we will lock the valvetornic at full lift, and use an N54 intake cam. Still undecided, but feel free to ask questions..

I will post pictures soon of the current state of the engine. I plan to remove the headers to have them coated, and get started mounting the S54 ITB's.

Here are some links and photos of its past life:

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
E30ROB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport AW3

Garage List
Wow, totally osted this in the wrong section. Sorry fellas.
Appreciate 0