United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2c 6spd, F80 M3 sold, 1M

WTB: V Orange 1M

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hello everyone! I'm a serious buyer in the market for a fully-loaded VO 1M (stuck on VO). I'm in Ca and willing to travel-probably I'd fly out and drive back. Ideally I'm looking for something around $50K with as low mileage as possible. One owner is better but not mandatory.

Almost landed one this week and then things went sideways at the 11th hour . . . typical car biz hokeyness. It's ok, I'll take it as a sign that something better awaits. Good news is all my ducks are in a row for the next one.

Please let me know if you're ready to let yours go or know of one that's available. Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
adenauer.forst
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ///

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Donkey View Post
Hello everyone! I'm a serious buyer in the market for a fully-loaded VO 1M (stuck on VO). I'm in Ca and willing to travel-probably I'd fly out and drive back. Ideally I'm looking for something around $50K with as low mileage as possible. One owner is better but not mandatory.

Almost landed one this week and then things went sideways at the 11th hour . . . typical car biz hokeyness. It's ok, I'll take it as a sign that something better awaits. Good news is all my ducks are in a row for the next one.

Please let me know if you're ready to let yours go or know of one that's available. Thank you!

By any change that was you and another person aboard a VO 1M, driving around San Fernando Valley Monday evening, last week?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenauer.forst View Post
By any change that was you and another person aboard a VO 1M, driving around San Fernando Valley Monday evening, last week?
I wish there was one I could check out near me . . . no, that wasn't me-the car I'm on is in Texas.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Guys, I need some advice. There are two cars I'm looking at now, what do you think of pricing, anything else you'd like to add . . .

Car 1; VO, $65k, Minnesota, 4500 miles, fully loaded with a Dinan exhaust (oem included), one owner, clean Carfax, basically a show car with all original goodies plus some extras (car cover, battery tender etc)

(Here's a thought. Obviously a winner assuming you want/are able to afford it, how stupid is it to get a mint car like this one when I know I'm going to drive it to the tune of 3 to 5k miles annually, maybe more after the lease on my M3 runs out in 18 months?)

Car 2; VO, $49.7k, Texas, 50,000 miles, fully loaded with an Akrapovic exhaust (oem NOT available), three owners, clean Carfax, needs: diff resealed, brake fluid flush, new battery, squeaky clutch pedal lubed, work to be done at nearby BMW dealer at seller's expense. Driving amount is the same as above.

(I paid for the inspection, how I know what it needs. Feels a bit overpriced to me, but they are doing the maintenance it needs so that's something). This car is the one I was originally on and thought I lost. It came back, but now I'm not so sure about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #5
adenauer.forst
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I wish there was one I could check out near me . . . no, that wasn't me-the car I'm on is in Texas.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #6
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
What's most important to you, price or collectibility? When I am in your situation the most challenging part of the hunt is to have patients, especially if you want it now.

Can just buy mine, it's in between.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

I know we chatted....but, my vote is for the best one you can get with no stories or issues.

Will ultimately serve you better in the long run!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #8
adenauer.forst
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Guys, I need some advice. There are two cars I'm looking at now, what do you think of pricing, anything else you'd like to add . . .

Car 1; VO, $65k, Minnesota, 4500 miles, fully loaded with a Dinan exhaust (oem included), one owner, clean Carfax, basically a show car with all original goodies plus some extras (car cover, battery tender etc)

(Here's a thought. Obviously a winner assuming you want/are able to afford it, how stupid is it to get a mint car like this one when I know I'm going to drive it to the tune of 3 to 5k miles annually, maybe more after the lease on my M3 runs out in 18 months?)

Car 2; VO, $49.7k, Texas, 50,000 miles, fully loaded with an Akrapovic exhaust (oem NOT available), three owners, clean Carfax, needs: diff resealed, brake fluid flush, new battery, squeaky clutch pedal lubed, work to be done at nearby BMW dealer at seller's expense. Driving amount is the same as above.

(I paid for the inspection, how I know what it needs. Feels a bit overpriced to me, but they are doing the maintenance it needs so that's something). This car is the one I was originally on and thought I lost. It came back, but now I'm not so sure about it.

My vote is Car#1.

Let me know when you get it. My aunt lives in a little house at the corner of Lincoln and Alta. We can possibly meet up when I visit her. You and I can then park our VO's next to each other.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 12:24 AM   #9
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
What's most important to you, price or collectibility? When I am in your situation the most challenging part of the hunt is to have patients, especially if you want it now.

Can just buy mine, it's in between.
Good question. I plan to drive it 3-5k miles a year. I can afford to pay more for better, but I would not describe myself as a collector. What do you think of the pricing of each car? My feeling is the car with 50k miles should be a bit cheaper (not sure how much). The 65k car seems like a fair price for 4K miles if you can afford it. What do you think?

Fighting the patience thing now, wanna pull the trigger as I have the time to road trip etc since I'm not working. Covid is also something to consider-it's hard to enjoy your new ride from the morgue . . . .
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 12:28 AM   #10
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenauer.forst View Post
My vote is Car#1.

Let me know when you get it. My aunt lives in a little house at the corner of Lincoln and Alta. We can possibly meet up when I visit her. You and I can then park our VO's next to each other.
Hahaha-sounds good-that's pretty close to me . . . any thoughts on the pricing of the two cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 12:30 AM   #11
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
I know we chatted....but, my vote is for the best one you can get with no stories or issues.

Will ultimately serve you better in the long run!
True, very true
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #12
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

The 1st car, 65K; you'll never loose.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #13
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
What about the price, $65k w/4400 miles, fully loaded? Seem about right to you? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #14
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Quote:
What about the price, $65k w/4400 miles, fully loaded? Seem about right to you? Thanks
I would say $65 is in the low end, that car with those miles could probably fetch $67-69 in a non Covid market.

Get it!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #15
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, definitely right. If it were me, I'd like to get an inspection, a 2nd set of eyes on it. Someone here: https://www.northstarbmw.org/
Even tho very low mileage, did car have a yearly oil change? Brake fluid flush at least every 4-5 yrs. At least 1 coolant flush? Good luck; if car is everything it should be, then you'll be happy forever.

I, and Rob Segal and many others can buy a car over the telephone, never having actually seen it in person. You ask the right questions, you get the right answers back.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 02:41 AM   #16
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, definitely right. If it were me, I'd like to get an inspection, a 2nd set of eyes on it. Someone here: https://www.northstarbmw.org/
Even tho very low mileage, did car have a yearly oil change? Brake fluid flush at least every 4-5 yrs. At least 1 coolant flush? Good luck; if car is everything it should be, then you'll be happy forever.

I, and Rob Segal and many others can buy a car over the telephone, never having actually seen it in person. You ask the right questions, you get the right answers back.
Good info, will for sure ask those questions, have it inspected either by someone related to the car club you mention or a BMW dealer.

Something else, it is too dangerous to fly out to Minneapolis then drive back because of Covid? Thinking about finalizing the deal, then going out in the beginning of June.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #17
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
I would say $65 is in the low end, that car with those miles could probably fetch $67-69 in a non Covid market.

Get it!
Will definitely work it! The pre-purchase struggle is the best part of any car buy . . . :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #18
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep

Remember the tires may be 9 yrs old and have just sat for much of those years.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 01:41 AM   #19
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Remember the tires may be 9 yrs old and have just sat for much of those years.
They should be replaced, right? Also, do I pay or him? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #20
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

If you haven't bought one of the two you were considering, my VO 1M is for sale. It has 57,000 fun-filled miles on it. Never bone stock, never tracked, one autocross. Some pics here: https://www.bmwblog.com/2012/03/27/v...1m-oil-change/
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #21
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Make that bone stock, never tracked. The extra not was a typo.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:59 PM   #22
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Got One!

Thought I'd update, made the purchase from Enthusiast Auto Group in Cincinnati-oh boy, having a blast . . .
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50