BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #353
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey JD, how's your car coming along?

Mine's done with the new clutch bedded in, it doesn't have the upgraded intercoolers fitted but will still be fine for a run out at WSID. When did you want to go out?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #354
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Nice piece of metal.
Looks solid Justin.
Holy thread revival Batman!

Hey mate,

it certainly is a "nice piece of metal".

Thankfully it is no longer being used, as a rather expensive paper weight in Pete's office.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #355
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Hey Gents,

well that was a failed thread revival on my part, if I ever saw one.

For those that do not know the HPF "Feramic" Stage 2 clutch that I put into my car, ended up being a nightmare when used at the drag strip.

Contrary to what Chris@HPF would have you believe, it IS highly susceptible to welding especially so when you are running drag radials.

Anyway so here are a few components that will be going into my little 1'er shortly.

Namely an OS Giken "TR2CD" twin-plate clutch with custom single mass chromoly steel flywheel, Megan Racing adjustable toe control arm and rear trailing arm, HP Autowerks M3 lower camber link kit (completing the M3 suspension conversion) and ECS Tuning solid billet aluminium subframe bushes.

Essentially the OS twin-plate will be the fourth and final clutch kit installed in my car and will resolve the many clutch dramas that I have had.

The remaining components were purchased to address a tracking issue that is present under WOT, in particular in third gear where I have traction.

The car really wants to squirrel and squirm around quite badly and pending the surface conditions of the road, it almost wants to change lanes.

This is obviously somewhat disconcerting, but based on my research the above goodies will allow my little beasty to accelerate in a straight line, fingers crossed!

More details of the upgrades to come shortly, I also have a lot more pics of the OS Giken twin-plate clutch and custom flywheel to post up soon too.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 07-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #356
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Wow those "bushings" look pretty serious. Can't imagine there will be any flexing in the rear end with those.
Appreciate 0