BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Pirelli P Zero Rosso-245/35/18

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have (2)-Brand new Pirelli P Zero Rosso tires for sale. Never mounted nor used. they are size 245/35/18. They retail for 260 each but I am looking for 250 for the pair. feel free to msg me any offers. Thank you !

Italians have always identified the color red with passion. And while red sports cars are probably the most identifiable example when it comes to driving passion, there is also Pirelli's P Zero Rosso (Rosso, ro' so, Italian for red). P Zero Rosso Max Performance Summer tires were developed to combine high performance, high speed and a high degree of comfort.

Specific design techniques, raw materials and manufacturing methods have been incorporated to produce Pirelli's most comfortable Max Performance tires. Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero Rosso, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The P Zero Rosso System includes both asymmetric and directional tread designs, each tuned to satisfy the unique performance needs of different types of vehicles and uses. The P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico is the most widely used because it's designed for both front and rear axle positions of front engine front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive cars (and on all cars driven on the track). The P Zero Rosso Direzionale is designed to offer enhanced hydroplaning resistance and is primarily for use on the lighter load carrying front axle positions of mid-engine and rear-engine rear-wheel drive cars (which are then combined with the P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico tires on the rear axle positions).

Both of the P Zero Rosso tread patterns are elegant. The Asimmetrico tread pattern retains the "Zero concept" of earlier P Zero tires by combining a semi-slick center rib that enhances driving precision while accelerating and braking with robust outer shoulder and intermediate tread blocks that are connected by circumferential "multi-ring" ribs to enhance dry grip. The independent blocks of the inner intermediate rib and inside shoulder are separated by wide grooves to help eject water to reduce hydroplaning and enhance wet grip. Considerable use has been made of curved grooves, which complement the circumferential grooves to reduce noise.

P Zero Rosso tires use a silica-enhanced tread compound to provide better grip in low temperatures in the wet and lower rolling resistance in the dry. The tread is supported by PenTec (a material developed by Allied Signal for space exploration) cord which is used to reinforce lightweight steel belts and give more high-speed stability while reducing tire weight and temporary flatspotting when parked overnight.

While most Pirelli P Zero Rosso tires wear a red "P Zero" logo, selected sizes simply feature the "Rosso" logo as part of the embossed black sidewall styling along with the black letters.

Tire Rack Test Results

Attached Images

Appreciate 0