BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
JohnRa
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i 6MT

Alpine Retrofit Amp Question for the Audio Gurus

Hello,

I know that there is a wealth of information regarding stereo upgrades but after much searching I am a bit confused so was hoping to pose a question to the stereo guru's on here!

I have a 2011 128i with the base four speaker stereo. Like most I find it lacking.

I was able to purchase a used Alpine Upgrade with just the Amp and wiring harness (but not the speakers) for a pretty good price. (My audio upgrade budget is pretty limited so trying to do things on the cheap).

My question is as far as front speakers, I was looking at buying some logic seven speakers off eBay and installing those but now I am confused as to what impedance those speakers are and what is required for the Alpine amp.

Any suggestions on front speakers that will work (or specs to look for) with the alpine upgrade either oem or aftermarket would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

John
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #2
Dave919
Registered
Rep
Drives: '72 2002; '89 325i; '11 135i

Did you ever go anywhere with this. I just grabbed an '11 with this base stereo and trying to figure out what I want to do.
Appreciate 0