BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Misterted
Maniac with a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330 X-Drive

Lightbulb Service experience so far

So I've had my 135i Vert for 8 months now. My other BMW experience having been a good one when I had a 1990 E30 M3...oh how i miss it.
So I really do like this car, it's fast,it's agile and it is a damn fine car. I'd like to make it handle a little tighter but overall I am happy with it.
Gripes: I can't begin to describe to you how much I think the windshield is a piece of crap. For a $45K car the windshield pits and cracks all too easily. Soon I will need to replace it...so soon.
Today my fuel pump went...that wasn't fun. At least they were able to change it the same day, and I use Roadside assistance to have it flatbedded to the dealership. Despite the problem, it all went quite well.
One thing I really recommend is the tire warranty. I paid $895 for 3 years of coverage and have already had 3 tired replaced, the 4th is on order because that one, the only original one left, isn't doing that well.
If i decide to keep this car longer than my original intent of 3 years I will definitely buy the extended warranty, no doubt about it. Well worth it in my eyes.

There is some rattliing, but this is a convertible and you have to have an open mind about it.

It is a fun car to drive and there aren't that many on the road, at least in my area.

So that's my rant. I like the car but want it to be a bit harsher...maybe a tii version of the convertible in the future?

Ted
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
damn $900 is expensive insurance, glad you were able to use it. Have you been hitting potholes? Is that why they keep going on you? Someone else on here had trouble getting BMW to cover a blown tire from a pothole even though he bought the insurance. They said he should have seen it and steered around it...

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
damn $900 is expensive insurance, glad you were able to use it. Have you been hitting potholes? Is that why they keep going on you? Someone else on here had trouble getting BMW to cover a blown tire from a pothole even though he bought the insurance. They said he should have seen it and steered around it...
I have the insurance (it's underwritten by an insurance co not BMW) and paid $250 for it. I've used it for two tires and a wheel. Even at $900 it would be worth it. My policy has a limit of 2k for the life of the vehicle and I've used about $1100 already. I wonder what the limit is on the $900 plan is.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Misterted
Maniac with a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330 X-Drive

I did hit some pot holes, yes. But, the run flats tend to either bubble or crack in the sidewall and that is a defect.
There is no cap on this insurance.
Appreciate 0