BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #89
microtap
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2013 BMW 335is
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oceanside, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hey all,

I have a 2013 335is and have been plagued with this issue since they day I bought it CPO. I have COBB on there now, and sometimes resetting throttle adaptation does seem to resolve it temporarily, but then again, sometimes it does not. It's very frustrating and I'm almost definitely going to sell it before my CPO warranty is out because I can't stand it. Like others mentioned, it can be really dangerous, in the sense of when you make split second decisions and/or need to go immediately, it won't happen. First time I really noticed it, was coming up to stopped traffic, decided to change lanes and go around as there was room to get over. Well, plenty of time that is if my car decided to go without thinking for what felt like 1-2 seconds. Guy in other lane had to slam on his brakes and I felt and looked like an ass.

I was hoping to find a fix, but looks like everyone stopped posting in September.

Anyone have a definite solution for our DCTs?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #90
zx10guy
Lieutenant Colonel
1719
Rep
1,996
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by microtap View Post
Hey all,

I have a 2013 335is and have been plagued with this issue since they day I bought it CPO. I have COBB on there now, and sometimes resetting throttle adaptation does seem to resolve it temporarily, but then again, sometimes it does not. It's very frustrating and I'm almost definitely going to sell it before my CPO warranty is out because I can't stand it. Like others mentioned, it can be really dangerous, in the sense of when you make split second decisions and/or need to go immediately, it won't happen. First time I really noticed it, was coming up to stopped traffic, decided to change lanes and go around as there was room to get over. Well, plenty of time that is if my car decided to go without thinking for what felt like 1-2 seconds. Guy in other lane had to slam on his brakes and I felt and looked like an ass.

I was hoping to find a fix, but looks like everyone stopped posting in September.

Anyone have a definite solution for our DCTs?

Thanks.
Here's my thread on what worked for me:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1402323

It's been months now with the fix and 99.9% of the time the DCT has been behaving like everyone said it should. I get the occasional hiccup but not nearly as bad as it once was. The fix has now made me not regret so much the fact I have a DCT. I only regret having a DCT now because I do miss rowing through gears at times. I also still have the Dinan S2 tune in my car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #91
slonik
Lieutenant
slonik's Avatar
Russia
400
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: e46 M3, e82v8 (s65 swapped)
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Moscow Region, Zhukovsky

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via ICQ to slonik Send a message via Skype™ to slonik
guys, i saw that it's a very old problem with lag.

so, may be my hint will help you.

try to add 1 liter of dct oil higher, than normal level.




why?
read below
i had a problem on our tracktool when we swapped dct first time to our n54.

in first test runs i've found that when i'm trying to accelerate immediately after braking (even in street driving), car can lagging for a second or two.
and small retreat - i usually drives on two-pedals cars with two legs, so i have no delay between pressing.
another retreat - our car has 6 pot large brembos on front, with 275/275 semislick setup .

so, when i saw this lag, i've start to make it again and again easily (yep, this is all about 50kmh speeds on a city streets and braking till 10kmh).
and in after some hard braking i've even make warning on dash and car went to limp mode. than i've switch it off and start again, and drove like it has no problem..
and than again and again, and... it looks like starvation, when your petrol gone away from the pump.
so, i've made a test to check this assumption (i've reading forum and saw that people had this problem on low speeds, but!) i've accelerated to high speed (150-180kmh) and make hard braking on 3 or 4 gear and than quickly made a full throttle. and of course car lagging for a moment and gone limp mode.

after arriving home i've reading fault codes and i saw that gearbox had tried to make a clutch engagment, requested 10 (or so) bar of pressure but get only, 2,4, 1.5 etc bars, but no pressure which it requested.
it's simple - oil under braking goes away from suction pipe and gearbox can't build pressure.

so, when i was doing dct adaptation, i saw some interesting info in ista, that m3 gts transmission has one liter of oil more, than usual dct.
of course, i've checking dct pan in next few seconds in bmw cat they were fully the same.
after that i looked how m3 gts filling up dct oil and they simply add this liter over the standart level (they use banjo fitting for easily filling this liter).

so i've lifted the car on the right side as high as possible (professional jack) and add same liter of dct oil.

after this i've tested car on the streets as hard as possible (yep, "street driving" up to 250kmh), and problem almost gone -only few times on braking in the top of the hill on 200kmh i've got same fault.

on the next track day we've got this problem few times, but not like every lap of course. and again - we had track prepared car with 275/275 semislick setup, on large brakes etc.

full 100% solution we made later - our enhanced dct pan, with anti-starvation partitions inside. with it we didn't get any issues at all, even on track days.

so, for street cars i'd recommend to use +1 liter as simplest solution.
Appreciate 3
BimmerAg381.50
Yeineken1092.00
Blu3RSX25.50

      02-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #92
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
EatMyDust's Avatar
2
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

I finally got fed up with the DCT lag in my 2013 135i, the dangerous lag on rolling stops variety. So I pulled the trigger on a new Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, and picked her up last weekend. Was going to put the 135i on the market this week. Then I got rear-ended in the new Alfa on the way to work 2 days after I got her.

So looks like me and the 135i will be continuing our love-hate relationship for the next few months. Hopefully one of the new fixes in this thread will work to solve the hate part, though I've been through the software update and dealer runaround so many times now that I have little actual hope it will (and I am out of warranty ... and patience ... to boot!) :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #93
Happy Jose
Banned
Happy Jose's Avatar
58
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Waynesville, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

I doubt that anything has been fixed. I had the same problems, but the fix required a total reprogramming of the main computer which took nearly 24 hours. It was done a couple of years ago, and it has been successful ever since!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #94
aroonkl
New Member
3
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonik View Post
guys, i saw that it's a very old problem with lag.

so, may be my hint will help you.

try to add 1 liter of dct oil higher, than normal level

so, for street cars i'd recommend to use +1 liter as simplest solution.
Any more people try this yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:48 AM   #95
Jay135is
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is dct lemansblau
Join Date: May 2018
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

Had dct lag myself talked to a buddy of mine (worked for BMW dealer) we brainstormed we both blamed the catless downpipe but decided to reset all adaptations followed by 30 mins without power and been driving for a year and a half without a problem and he has done the same for some local friends and they have had the same results hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #96
jonsno
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Port Orange FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay135is View Post
Had dct lag myself talked to a buddy of mine (worked for BMW dealer) we brainstormed we both blamed the catless downpipe but decided to reset all adaptations followed by 30 mins without power and been driving for a year and a half without a problem and he has done the same for some local friends and they have had the same results hope this helps
i picked my 135i about a month ago now and bought carly.. can it be done on that.

also to any who know how can I find out what DME / SIB I'm running bc i have no clue if previous owner had any clue or kept up with the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #97
TridenTBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
102
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Still experiencing DCT delay quite frequently these days. It's MUCH worse when I have the AC on. That and the lurching from the engine and the constant almost stalling is really annoying.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 11:50 PM   #98
bung206
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: E82 135i MSPORT
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

TridenTBoy, how many miles on your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 01:28 AM   #99
TridenTBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
102
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
TridenTBoy, how many miles on your car?
54k. It's been happening since I purchased it at 35k tho.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 05:03 AM   #100
Gangplank
Colonel
Gangplank's Avatar
United_States
1065
Rep
2,366
Posts

Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sprt DCT - S
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
TridenTBoy, how many miles on your car?
54k. It's been happening since I purchased it at 35k tho.
My car never really had the lurching but the odd DCT throttle delay was annoying. After I got the PPK tune it is much better. Every once in a while in stop and go traffic the throttle seems lag a bit and I just move the lever to the left - sport mode- I find myself driving in sport more often actually. Lol.
__________________
2011 135i DCT | Sport pkg | PPK | Ohlins R&T swift sprigns | M3 front arms | Diff. brace | RSFB inserts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #101
Esteban
Major General
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
3784
Rep
6,106
Posts

Drives: a turbo coupe
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: The Golden State

iTrader: (0)

Gear shift lever to the left, sport button pressed, and manual shifting. These things make the car come alive imo. The only way I drive. A/C on or off, no problems with the DCT. Hopefully will never have any. *knocks on wood*
__________________


2011 135i DCT M SPORT
Dinan S2 / PPK / Bilstein B8 / Performance Springs / Whiteline RSFB Inserts / Black & Chrome Grilles / LCI Blacklines / PE / 313s / Michelin PS4S 225/255
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #102
TridenTBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
102
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Sport mode, manual, it doesn't matter. It does it in all of them. RPMs nose dive, car will lurch to stop from stalling... makes the damn car nearly rearend people half the time. That and when I am pressing down the brake pedal to stop... and then it lurches and I have to react /really/ fast to stop it from hitting a car. Real great. German engineering...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #103
Esteban
Major General
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
3784
Rep
6,106
Posts

Drives: a turbo coupe
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: The Golden State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
Sport mode, manual, it doesn't matter. It does it in all of them. RPMs nose dive, car will lurch to stop from stalling... makes the damn car nearly rearend people half the time. That and when I am pressing down the brake pedal to stop... and then it lurches and I have to react /really/ fast to stop it from hitting a car. Real great. German engineering...
There are a variety of "fixes" for these issues that have worked for some people. Maybe they'll help you. Here's a thread about them. Try them, if you haven't already.
__________________


2011 135i DCT M SPORT
Dinan S2 / PPK / Bilstein B8 / Performance Springs / Whiteline RSFB Inserts / Black & Chrome Grilles / LCI Blacklines / PE / 313s / Michelin PS4S 225/255
Appreciate 1
zx10guy1718.50

      06-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #104
over-it
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 135is
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Newark, CA

iTrader: (0)

My car is doing the same thing. Have you discovered the fix?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #105
dclive
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over-it View Post
My car is doing the same thing. Have you discovered the fix?
Same problems here. Local dealership says "No code thrown, we can't help you" - I'm not pleased.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #106
bung206
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: E82 135i MSPORT
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

My car has now done approx 56,000 miles. Iíve owned since about 30,000 miles.

I have noticed the following weirdness with the box:

- When I slow and come to an almost complete stop, my car almost dies (the revs dip to almost zero). Often times it will recover. Itís worse when the engine cold. Ambient temp doesnít seem to impact it. Largely goes away once warmed up. Other times it will stall, and gearbox goes to neutral. Once you restart the car itís fine.

- Very very rarely, switching from P to R and then to D, I will get a flashing ďNĒ on the dash. Car refuses to switch gears until I shut down, remove key and re-start. This has happened less than 5 times in the time Iíve owned the car.

There are no fault codes stored. My experience with the car has been mostly positive except for two instances - one where my serpentine belt disintegrated without any warning, another issue being my charge pipe exploded when doing launch control, lost the metal clip that holds it on and I couldnít find a replacement one easily. In the end I got bent over for several hundred bucks for a piece of metal piping and a couple of o-rings.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #107
TridenTBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
102
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
My car has now done approx 56,000 miles. Iíve owned since about 30,000 miles.

I have noticed the following weirdness with the box:

- When I slow and come to an almost complete stop, my car almost dies (the revs dip to almost zero). Often times it will recover. Itís worse when the engine cold. Ambient temp doesnít seem to impact it. Largely goes away once warmed up. Other times it will stall, and gearbox goes to neutral. Once you restart the car itís fine.

- Very very rarely, switching from P to R and then to D, I will get a flashing ďNĒ on the dash. Car refuses to switch gears until I shut down, remove key and re-start. This has happened less than 5 times in the time Iíve owned the car.

There are no fault codes stored. My experience with the car has been mostly positive except for two instances - one where my serpentine belt disintegrated without any warning, another issue being my charge pipe exploded when doing launch control, lost the metal clip that holds it on and I couldnít find a replacement one easily. In the end I got bent over for several hundred bucks for a piece of metal piping and a couple of o-rings.
Is your AC on with the first one? AC being on causes that to happen for a lot of DCTs.

Can't speak for your other situations.

Recently, my car had an issue where I literally had the pedal down past the kick down switch and it just... didn't do anything for about 2-3 seconds. Eventually, it finally got into 1st. Was pretty annoying as I was turning right and cars were coming quickly.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 11:27 PM   #108
bung206
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: E82 135i MSPORT
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Yes - My A/C is always on, I never switch it off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
Recently, my car had an issue where I literally had the pedal down past the kick down switch and it just... didn't do anything for about 2-3 seconds. Eventually, it finally got into 1st. Was pretty annoying as I was turning right and cars were coming quickly.
That sounds dangerous as hell. If I go more than about 70-80% throttle especially on cold tyres Iíll get T.C. cutting in an thatíll end up making the manoeuvre slower than accelerating at a ďsensible paceĒ.
Appreciate 1
Gangplank1065.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST