BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
InsideWorld
New Member
InsideWorld's Avatar
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Bmw E82 N54 Comfort Access not working still!!!

I've been going through the forums looking for fixes for comfort access issues that lots if people seem to be having, I've replaced the key battery twice now and have tried reprogramming the key (doing the hold unlock and press lock 3 times thing) which didn't work or even indicate that it was reprogrammed and I tried to code it in using Carly for bmw. in Carly I did find a setting that was called deactivate comfort access and it was on! but even turning it off didn't change anythjng. none of my features work, I can't open doors or start car with the key in my pocket and this all started when I first replaced the key battery for the first time has not ever worked since then please help I want it back so bad it's been too long!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
InsideWorld
New Member
InsideWorld's Avatar
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Btw just realized this is in the drivetrain area moving it to the exterior section sorry I'm new to the forum ��
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #3
Gangplank
Colonel
Gangplank's Avatar
United_States
1067
Rep
2,366
Posts

Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sprt DCT - S
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Dumb question, but are you sure you didn't put the battery in backwards (+/-). If it's a round disc battery does it need to be flipped?
__________________
2011 135i DCT | Sport pkg | PPK | Ohlins R&T swift sprigns | M3 front arms | Diff. brace | RSFB inserts.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
MightyMouseTech
Major General
MightyMouseTech's Avatar
3169
Rep
5,143
Posts

Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Did comfort access work before you replaced the key battery?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
InsideWorld
New Member
InsideWorld's Avatar
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Did comfort access work before you replaced the key battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Did comfort access work before you replaced the key battery?
yes! now that I've changed it, it no longer works
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
Losttide
New Member
United_States
11
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: '13 135i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Do the buttons on the fob still unlock/lock the car?

I have an n55, but the comfort access wasn't working on my 135i when I got it. The buttons on the fob worked, though. I replaced the fuse in the dash and got the doors to work. However, the keyless ignition and trunk still didn't work. I found that the passive go module had gotten wet and the chip inside was corroded. I got an used one from an e90 328i off Ebay for $60 and the comfort access has worked since.

Check your fuses then the passive go module.

The fuse was a 5amp. I don't remember which fuse it was, but I think it was fuse 56, 72, or 73.

The passive go module is located under the floor of the trunk in the corner by the passenger side taillight.

hopefully it's just a fuse.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
InsideWorld
New Member
InsideWorld's Avatar
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttide View Post
Do the buttons on the fob still unlock/lock the car?

I have an n55, but the comfort access wasn't working on my 135i when I got it. The buttons on the fob worked, though. I replaced the fuse in the dash and got the doors to work. However, the keyless ignition and trunk still didn't work. I found that the passive go module had gotten wet and the chip inside was corroded. I got an used one from an e90 328i off Ebay for $60 and the comfort access has worked since.

Check your fuses then the passive go module.

The fuse was a 5amp. I don't remember which fuse it was, but I think it was fuse 56, 72, or 73.

The passive go module is located under the floor of the trunk in the corner by the passenger side taillight.

hopefully it's just a fuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttide View Post
Do the buttons on the fob still unlock/lock the car?

I have an n55, but the comfort access wasn't working on my 135i when I got it. The buttons on the fob worked, though. I replaced the fuse in the dash and got the doors to work. However, the keyless ignition and trunk still didn't work. I found that the passive go module had gotten wet and the chip inside was corroded. I got an used one from an e90 328i off Ebay for $60 and the comfort access has worked since.

Check your fuses then the passive go module.

The fuse was a 5amp. I don't remember which fuse it was, but I think it was fuse 56, 72, or 73.

The passive go module is located under the floor of the trunk in the corner by the passenger side taillight.

hopefully it's just a fuse.
Thanks I've never heard anything about a fuse or the go module I'll check when i get home today!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
ferocity02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
373
Rep
1,879
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

If the car battery is on it's way out it will start to disable power-draining functions. Comfort access is the first to go. How old is the cars battery?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #9
JPodo
Private First Class
7
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: 135i AW 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
If the car battery is on it's way out it will start to disable power-draining functions. Comfort access is the first to go. How old is the cars battery?
This happened to me when my car battery was getting weak and now that I replaced it and had the BMW dealer register the new battery the comfort access still isnít working
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #10
ferocity02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
373
Rep
1,879
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPodo View Post
This happened to me when my car battery was getting weak and now that I replaced it and had the BMW dealer register the new battery the comfort access still isnít working
Also usually requires codes to be cleared.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
JPodo
Private First Class
7
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: 135i AW 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
Also usually requires codes to be cleared.
That is what I thought. The dealer traced it down to the CAS module and said it needs replaced. Somehow it got wet and is all corroded. Does it have to be programmed to the car and keys or is it just simple and plug in a new one
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST