BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #67
Chandon
Major
Chandon's Avatar
Australia
70
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)



ugh, im sold
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #68
Grande Oso
Captain
Grande Oso's Avatar
United_States
421
Rep
747
Posts

Drives: '14 X1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 91739

iTrader: (0)

nice....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #69
kobeballer96
Major
kobeballer96's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
1,495
Posts

Drives: 6SPD E82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post


ugh, im sold
Omg yes me too. Sounds perfect
__________________
Black Wrapped Roof, BFG Rivals, Dinan Camber plates, M3 Steering wheel, Matte Black kidney Grills, H&R Sport springs,
Sparco assetto gara,Pagid sport Brakepads,STOPTECH Slotted Rotors,
DISA STG3,EURO BOX
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #70
jksgoh
Major
jksgoh's Avatar
Australia
85
Rep
1,391
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melb, Vic, Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post


ugh, im sold
Sounds raspier than a PE.
How much do these esenmann ones cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #71
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post


ugh, im sold
Sounds like my current exhaust setup except i probably have a little bit more rasp.

I'm think about cutting out my secondary cats, making a y pipe to have the two mids pipes joined to one, having a large resonator/glasspack installed and then running it into the 135i muffler with some burnt titanium exhaust tips welded on. My current setup sounds nice but it's extremely loud and raspy. I want it a tad quieter and a bit less raspy.

I might also just have two glasspacks placed after the secondary cats to quiet things down even more. I also have giant exhaust pops around 3-3.5k rpm and it sounds like gunshots. I'd like to get rid of that especially.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 12:22 AM   #72
kobeballer96
Major
kobeballer96's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
1,495
Posts

Drives: 6SPD E82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
Sounds like my current exhaust setup except i probably have a little bit more rasp.

I'm think about cutting out my secondary cats, making a y pipe to have the two mids pipes joined to one, having a large resonator/glasspack installed and then running it into the 135i muffler with some burnt titanium exhaust tips welded on. My current setup sounds nice but it's extremely loud and raspy. I want it a tad quieter and a bit less raspy.

I might also just have two glasspacks placed after the secondary cats to quiet things down even more. I also have giant exhaust pops around 3-3.5k rpm and it sounds like gunshots. I'd like to get rid of that especially.
Post your exhaust clip. I plan on catless headers, and straight pipe all the way back with 2nd cats deleted too and just adding Vibrant res
__________________
Black Wrapped Roof, BFG Rivals, Dinan Camber plates, M3 Steering wheel, Matte Black kidney Grills, H&R Sport springs,
Sparco assetto gara,Pagid sport Brakepads,STOPTECH Slotted Rotors,
DISA STG3,EURO BOX
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 04:32 AM   #73
Chandon
Major
Chandon's Avatar
Australia
70
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post


ugh, im sold
Sounds like my current exhaust setup except i probably have a little bit more rasp.

I'm think about cutting out my secondary cats, making a y pipe to have the two mids pipes joined to one, having a large resonator/glasspack installed and then running it into the 135i muffler with some burnt titanium exhaust tips welded on. My current setup sounds nice but it's extremely loud and raspy. I want it a tad quieter and a bit less raspy.

I might also just have two glasspacks placed after the secondary cats to quiet things down even more. I also have giant exhaust pops around 3-3.5k rpm and it sounds like gunshots. I'd like to get rid of that especially.
Sheesh.. Even with your old setup (135i axle-back and reso delete) my car drones from 2-2.5k rpm.
It's a pretty spot on setup though.. For a really cheap price.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #74
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
TheSt|G's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
4,736
Posts

Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

iTrader: (2)

As a heads up, Eisenmann's are known for drone.
__________________
2005 E46 M3 Interlagos/Cinnamon with Sunroof Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #75
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
Post your exhaust clip. I plan on catless headers, and straight pipe all the way back with 2nd cats deleted too and just adding Vibrant res
This is my current setup. I can't imagine getting rid of the secondary cats without having a gigantic resonator. My exhaust is ridiculously loud as it is. I had horrible drone with the exhaust flap opened so i have it closed now and its honestly not bad at all on the highway and theres no drone at all thankfully. My main gripe is that when i get it above 4k RPM it's just so insanely loud i can be heard across town. It draws too much attention

Edit- exhaust flap was open in this video.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT

Last edited by 631twentyeighteye; 03-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #76
MarkkyyMan
Captain
MarkkyyMan's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana, U.S.

iTrader: (0)

Here is a couple. The pop when I let off the throttle on the second video sounds better in person.



Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #77
Fume
First Lieutenant
45
Rep
381
Posts

Drives: '13 E82 N51 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkyyMan View Post
Here is a couple. The pop when I let off the throttle on the second video sounds better in person.



Nice sound. Kind of wish you went full throttle for a bit though to hear what that's like. This is with PE and supersprint headers?
__________________
128i | 6MT | 30% Tint | BMW Performance Grills | CDV Delete | SSK | Performance Exhaust | M3 RSFB | TCKR DA
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #78
Dafttt
Captain
Dafttt's Avatar
29
Rep
688
Posts

Drives: 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fume View Post
Nice sound. Kind of wish you went full throttle for a bit though to hear what that's like. This is with PE and supersprint headers?
+1
WOT please!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #79
MarkkyyMan
Captain
MarkkyyMan's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana, U.S.

iTrader: (0)


Like that?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #80
Taskmaster
Major General
Taskmaster's Avatar
Japan
2372
Rep
9,106
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Ditch the oem muffler and get something lighter. It will also be worth a few hp anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #81
MarkkyyMan
Captain
MarkkyyMan's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana, U.S.

iTrader: (0)

-Super Sprint Headers
-BMW Performance Exhaust
-Stock Mid-Section
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #82
Chandon
Major
Chandon's Avatar
Australia
70
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

jesus that is raspy
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #83
Chandon
Major
Chandon's Avatar
Australia
70
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

For those of you who love some crackles and bangs

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #84
MarkkyyMan
Captain
MarkkyyMan's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana, U.S.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
jesus that is raspy
It is a little raspy, but the video does exaggerate a little.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #85
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
TheSt|G's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
4,736
Posts

Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

iTrader: (2)

Ugh, I need more time so I can get a video up!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 07:10 AM   #86
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Kgolf31's Avatar
374
Rep
4,578
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (4)

Has anyone able to successfully modify a 135i DP back exhaust onto a 128?

Specifically their Berk Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #87
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
2,265
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (7)

I imagine you'd need to make a short Y pipe where the headers bolt to the mids, and then have a sleeve up to the berk mids. Other than that i think it'd be bolt on but i'm really not sure.
__________________
08 e93 335i MT
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #88
MarkkyyMan
Captain
MarkkyyMan's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
714
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 128i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana, U.S.

iTrader: (0)

I believe some guy did the axle back berk exhaust, don't know about mid-section though.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST