BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

02-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #46861
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Found this in the electronic waste bin at my building.

Missing a satellite speaker, but works perfectly! Satellite costs $15 on eBay.

Almost bought the system for $200 a year ago.

Legit made my day!
#WINNING
Aatish3458.00
      02-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #46862
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Fresh ink for your move up here? One day in and girls were already checking out your tatts.
Yeah, want to fill in some of the empty space so gonna get a compass pointing south east and some filler tomorrow morning. Then will find an artist in OH to add more to my left arm.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #46863
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

How's everyone's evening?
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:28 PM   #46864
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish
How's everyone's evening?
It's going. Finally finished box 1 lol
Attached Images

Aatish3458.00
Axius4202.00
RJ_1202.50
nyalpine907433.00
wrickem2101.00
      02-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #46865
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Nice! The fact that they modeled the running gear is legit.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #46866
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Dat meat...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #46867
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Nice but hurry up finishing it, word on the street is that lego chicks will trade handies for rides.
Attached Images

02-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #46868
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

hi
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17979.50
Aatish3458.00
      02-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #46869
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
hi
Sup
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #46870
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

I have a new associate at work. He smells as if he has not bathed in a month - the BO is obvious from a couple feet away, but there's a noticeable stench even as I enter his area. On top of this, he is a blithering idiot, and has a constant smirk on his face as he asks any question, likely because he finds himself hilarious.

He constantly tells stories - "so, like, the other, like, day, like, I went to that burger place by the mall, it's like... actually good... like, they said they do, like, grass fed burgers and shit HA HA not the burger that would be so funny, ha ha ha, I mean like, the cow, can you like, imagine, like, if they meant the burger?" and "so when I was in college, like, the student center had a Panda Express, and like, every day after work, I would like, run over there and like get food... it was like, six dollars, and I got like orange chicken and rice and noodles... keeps you full."

He also gets drunk at work events and hugs me, calls me by nicknames or my last name, sends emails with the subject line "hey," and tries to flirt with me by insisting that his stock Honda Accord sedan could "like, definitely take your Bimmer."

I am normally the most casual and forgiving person in the world, but I am going to kick him in the teeth any second now. I understand not knowing the etiquette at your very first job, but some things are basic common sense. /endrant
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #46871
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
I have a new associate at work. He smells as if he has not bathed in a month - the BO is obvious from a couple feet away, but there's a noticeable stench even as I enter his area. On top of this, he is a blithering idiot, and has a constant smirk on his face as he asks any question, likely because he finds himself hilarious.

He constantly tells stories - "so, like, the other, like, day, like, I went to that burger place by the mall, it's like... actually good... like, they said they do, like, grass fed burgers and shit HA HA not the burger that would be so funny, ha ha ha, I mean like, the cow, can you like, imagine, like, if they meant the burger?" and "so when I was in college, like, the student center had a Panda Express, and like, every day after work, I would like, run over there and like get food... it was like, six dollars, and I got like orange chicken and rice and noodles... keeps you full."

He also gets drunk at work events and hugs me, calls me by nicknames or my last name, sends emails with the subject line "hey," and tries to flirt with me by insisting that his stock Honda Accord sedan could "like, definitely take your Bimmer."

I am normally the most casual and forgiving person in the world, but I am going to kick him in the teeth any second now. I understand not knowing the etiquette at your very first job, but some things are basic common sense. /endrant
Sounds immature, like he watches too much Workaholics. Does he think you're his default office friend because you're around the same age?

But make sure you roll race his Accord, wouldn't want to start from a dig and stall the F80.
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      02-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #46872
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I have a new associate at work. He's a blithering idiot, blah blah too long to quote
Cut him?

Some people are annoying, perhaps he will move on to a different audience once you repeatedly give him the cold shoulder. Then again, he might be crushing on you, heaven help you if so. Because then you are back to option one, which is to cut him.
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      02-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #46873
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Sounds immature, like he watches too much Workaholics. Does he think you're his default office friend because you're around the same age?

But make sure you roll race his Accord, wouldn't want to start from a dig and stall the F80.
He worked with me when he interned, and was just as immediately casual then. I think he's one of those who makes the mistake of "wow, this person smiled at me/is nice, they must love me."

He said he would beat me "at least for the first 10 seconds," and I sort of thought about my shifting speed and figured he might not be too far off.
Appreciate 1
RJ_1202.50
      02-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #46874
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Cut him?

Some people are annoying, perhaps he will move on to a different audience once you repeatedly give him the cold shoulder. Then again, he might be crushing on you, heaven help you if so. Because then you are back to option one, which is to cut him.
I have turned into the world's most frigid bitch, and it has zero impact. A coworker theorizes that it's now a "hard to get" effect. I don't want to cut him, as I'd have to get too close to his putrid flesh.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #46875
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have turned into the world's most frigid bitch, and it has zero impact. A coworker theorizes that it's now a "hard to get" effect. I don't want to cut him, as I'd have to get too close to his putrid flesh.
Coworker is very possibly right. Well, given the little I know about you and what you've said here about him, it would appear a very fair assumption that you are significantly more senior to him in rank. Perhaps a manager or at least senior staff accountant? It's a fine line, but could be you give him the miserable crappy work, consistently, when you see him...without making it too overtly obvious to others. Run him hard, and soon he'll be looking to avoid you.

That, and I'm not ashamed to admit I use racial and gender stereotypes to my advantage in attempting to figure out what makes the person across from me tick and how to get them to react in a way that I would like them to. They aren't always accurate, but they exist for a reason, and that's because on average they are correct. I'm definitely not politically correct, but really don't care.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #46876
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
snap a pic so we can make a meme out of him...

i think he has a crush on you lol

Quote:

Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      02-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #46877
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
snap a pic so we can make a meme out of him...

i think he has a crush on you lol
Oh, this would be fun! And she could totally wash her hands of it and say she didn't create the meme.

I see something along the likes of scumbag steve being created. Would have to do it when he's drunk and he doesn't realize you are taking a pic.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #46878
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Coworker is very possibly right. Well, given the little I know about you and what you've said here about him, it would appear a very fair assumption that you are significantly more senior to him in rank. Perhaps a manager or at least senior staff accountant? It's a fine line, but could be you give him the miserable crappy work, consistently, when you see him...without making it too overtly obvious to others. Run him hard, and soon he'll be looking to avoid you.

That, and I'm not ashamed to admit I use racial and gender stereotypes to my advantage in attempting to figure out what makes the person across from me tick and how to get them to react in a way that I would like them to. They aren't always accurate, but they exist for a reason, and that's because on average they are correct. I'm definitely not politically correct, but really don't care.
I am more senior, and it's already his job to do the miserable, crappy work. The problem is that he's an idiot to begin with - he'll highlight areas where he has questions, and yesterday he had highlighted the dates. I left him a review comment about learning how to use a calendar. No deterrent.

I'm pretty good at figuring people out, at least when I care to. Not sure I've ever based much on racial or gender stereotypes, though. Care to elaborate on what you might do in the current situation? He's white, if that has an impact... Eastern European in origin.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #46879
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:

me thinks he likes you and gets nervous when talking to you, hence the stuttering...

slit his throat and put his head on a fucking stick
Appreciate 2
Biorin2784.50
      02-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #46880
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
I am more senior, and it's already his job to do the miserable, crappy work. The problem is that he's an idiot to begin with - he'll highlight areas where he has questions, and yesterday he had highlighted the dates. I left him a review comment about learning how to use a calendar. No deterrent.

I'm pretty good at figuring people out, at least when I care to. Not sure I've ever based much on racial or gender stereotypes, though. Care to elaborate on what you might do in the current situation? He's white, if that has an impact... Eastern European in origin.
Ahh makes sense now. My Eastern European friends are savages. He definitely like you and/or wants to hook up with you. Try not to stab him. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #46881
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Very violent suggestions. I approve.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #46882
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep